The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few stops in Canada. This one got some good reviews.

Mon 07/30/07 Toronto, ON Hummingbird Centre For Perf. Arts

Tue 07/31/07 Montreal, QC Metropolis

Wed 08/01/07 Quebec City, QC Salle Albert-Rousseau

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey G.C.
thanks for the heads up....on the kid playing his dad's music..
I was wondering when they would be coming....to town
I hope I can make it out.....to this one...

Auger

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
Yes. Plan to go,

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I saw the last show and was floored. Dweezil took this very seriously. He does some amazing works of his dad's stuff. Phenomenal guitar tone, phenomenal playing.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dug the show last night at the Hummingbird Center. I was fairly impressed by Dweezil. He is a much more technically proficient player than I had anticipated. He can really play that guitar. He was running a set of Fuchs TDS-100 heads with matching Fuchs 4x12 cabs. He also ran a Fender Cyber Twin loaded with Tone Tubby's.

Overall a very good concert. A 2 1/2 hour show. The best parts for me were when they had Frank on the video screen doing some solo work from old concerts and the band played backing for the video. It was very cool and made me miss Frank that much more. To think of all the material that was left in that man.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Saw the show last october in Montreal, amazing concert, any Zappa fan HAS TO get tickets for this event. I can't be there tonight unfortunately...

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
more CDN dates added...

Tue 11/20/07 Vancouver, BC Orpheum

Thu 11/22/07 Calgary, AB Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium :banana:

Fri 11/23/07 Edmonton, AB Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium

·
Registered
117 Posts
Got my tickets to the calgary show!

this is gonna be awesome!
i've been a big dweezil fan since the 90's -- the guy is a great musician and amazing guitar player

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dweezil and the band are on the road again for 2008. Some Canadian dates already on the schedule. If you can make one, I highly recommend it. Below is a note from Dweezil.

Hello Friends,

We’re hitting the road once again! This is our 3rd year of touring and as before we hope to be able to continue on an annual basis. This year will mark the appearance of one of Frank’s most spellbinding and devastating pieces of music... you’ll have to come to the show to witness it for yourself.

You can expect many new songs as well as a lot of fan favorites from the first 2 tours. Plus after exhaustive research and testing I have extensively rebuilt my guitar rig in order to replicate Frank’s signature tones even more accurately. Think of it like this, there may be a few more things on stage this year reclaiming their former positions and reporting for duty!

I look forward to seeing you on tour in many new locations.

Regards,
Dweezil Zappa

THE PLAYERS:
Dweezil Zappa: Guitar
Aaron Arntz: Keyboards
Scheila Gonzalez: Saxphone, Flute, Keyboards & Vocals
Pete Griffin: Bass
Billy Hulting: Marimba, Mallets & Percussion
Jamie Kime: Guitar
Joe Travers: Drums & Vocals
SPECIAL GUEST: Ray White: Guitar & Vocals

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Additional date...

Fri, Jul 4, 2008 08:00 PM Elements Night Club in Kitchener ON.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Schedule seems to be set. If you are in any of the areas, I highly recommend this one. The Dweez will blow your mind. He is a hell of a guitar player and the band is exceptional as all Zappa bands of the past.

4 Jul 2008 20:00
Elements Kitchener, Ontario
5 Jul 2008 20:00
Ottawa Bluesfest Ottawa, Ontario
6 Jul 2008 20:00
Quebec International Summer Festival Quebec, Quebec

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Schedule seems to be set. If you are in any of the areas, I highly recommend this one. The Dweez will blow your mind. He is a hell of a guitar player and the band is exceptional as all Zappa bands of the past.

4 Jul 2008 20:00
Elements Kitchener, Ontario
5 Jul 2008 20:00
Ottawa Bluesfest Ottawa, Ontario
6 Jul 2008 20:00
Quebec International Summer Festival Quebec, Quebec
Crap, I'll miss this one by less than a week. I'll be going to Canada this summer (well, it's already summer here) and will be back home before those shows. I'd change tickets, but I'm already staying a week longer in Canada than I had planned because I had difficulty booking return tickets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts