The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,658 Posts
There are a couple of Zappa DVD's out there. The Dub Room Special and the Apostrophe/Overnight Sensation. Anybody ever seen these? Either one worth picking up?

I haven't seen either but I sure would like to pick up a copy of Apostrophe/Overnight Sensation.

How bad could it be?:bow:

·
Premium Member
16,658 Posts
I've got it, it's worth it. Very interesting. Dweezil does a great job breaking things down.
Dweezil?

I thought Apostrophe/Overnight Sensation would have been a concert DVD with FZ himself, or does the Dweez just do narration preface stuff?

Nothing against Dweezil, but I'm more interested in FZ himself.

·
Premium Member
13,044 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Dweezil?

I thought Apostrophe/Overnight Sensation would have been a concert DVD with FZ himself, or does the Dweez just do narration preface stuff?

Nothing against Dweezil, but I'm more interested in FZ himself.
It is an album break down. When they are listening to the masters and breaking down what is happening on each track, it's Dweezil. When they are showing old footage, it's Frank.

Don't thinnk of it as a concert disc or you will be disappointed. It is an analysis of a great album, and it's pretty clear that they did it way after Frank died. FWIW they did a damn good job and it's interesting stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts