The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,018 Posts
There's this new Baker - a set neck, strat body, HSH and vibrato. Mahogany. I'd like it in 24.75 scale with a 12" radius. That would be pretty cool

·
Registered
83 Posts
A good old strat of course, I'm saving up for one now. Nothing beats the simplicity of a trusty old strat.
I'm with you on that one, noobcake. One of the all-time great guitars, simple in design (only a Tele is simpler), extremely versatile in what you can play on them, replacement parts are cheap and plentiful, easy to work on, tons of resources on the web pertaining to them. Strats rule!:smile:

·
Premium Member
10,926 Posts
Tele and Strat...not that there aren't lots of other great choices.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Premium Member
13,018 Posts
i agree 59 les paul flametop:food-smiley-004:
An original '58 Plaintop - faded tobacco burst. Not a flame guy. Neck is not quite as baseball bat either, but still heftier than a slim 60s

·
Premium Member
13,018 Posts
Real easy... although I'd have to win the lottery first, a Gustavsson JG Bluesmaster Custom '59
Yeah, that too. It is so hard to choose :confused:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've always wanted a '58 plain top tobacco burst LP... although having played various Gibsons/Epiphones/Fenders when shopping for my Godin, I would probably be tempted to sand the back of the neck down to the wood and just apply a satin finish... I really dislike that nitro/poly stuff... sticky!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've always wanted the vintage guitar that the Gibson '61 reissue SG is modelled after. Its something about the small pickguard. I can't stand the look of the regular big one.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts