The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fess up - what was your fave pedal/effect ever and what made it so?

Try to avoid ties, if possible... ;)

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
I would have to associate a pedal with an amp.

Dyna Red was my favourite with my CJ11
Keeley BD-2 was the best with my AMW39
MXR D+ 1975 is the best with my Moratto Marshall circuit.

All sound pretty bad with pretty much any fender amp.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damned if I know. :(
^^^Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, really, but somebody had to go first... :eek:

Think mine is probably my old big box Rat - just sounds so good at the lower end of the gain range with any rig.

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
^^^Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, really, but somebody had to go first... :eek:

Think mine is probably my old big box Rat - just sounds so good at the lower end of the gain range with any rig.
What are you playing it through? The rat was another one of my favs.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rat sounds good with '70 Marshall JMP Small Box 50W (1987), '51 Fender Deluxe TV Front, '66 Fender Bassman, '69 Garnet Rebel, early '70's Garnet Lil Rock, '75 Fender SuperTwin, Vintage47 Supreme, '52 Valco Supreme, Winfield Cyclone. Like I said, virtually every amp/guitar combination I have it sounds good with... :)

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
If cheating is allowed, then the Fractal FX8, if not, then there are quite a few i like but if i had to pick one, it would be the Strymon Mobius - simply because it does a lot of things really well (Chorus, Flange, Phaser, Vibe, Rotary, etc). I was using the Filter setting a few days ago and was amazed at what it does.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wouldn't call it cheating - figured somebody would throw in a modeller or multi-effects unit at some point in time...

·
Premium Member
2,548 Posts
Analogman Sunbender MK 1.5 fuzz. I love fuzz in general, but that one is my favourite. Buzzy and bright, a bit of low end cut to tighten things up, with the sundial you can do gated or saturated and dial in enough mids to sit up a bit in the mix. I also like that the fuzz knob is actually usable.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
I would say my old big box Fulltone '69. Got it a long time ago, and although I bought a whole lot of fuzzes, but the '69 is the one I always go back to.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
With the snow finally melting - and spring just weeks away (I hope, I hope, I hope), this will be my new favorite pedal for the next few months. I've got a lot of couch-sitting and beer-drinking to atone for. Sorry, not a single pedal, they come in pairs.

Bicycle part Bicycle drivetrain part Bicycle pedal Auto part Wheel

As for the other kind of pedal, if I could only have one on my board, it would be a tuner.

I get 98% of my tones out of my amps. Gain pedals are just added on to those base sounds for accents or punctuation. And mod effects I could live without if I had to, I think of them as coloring my basic black-and-white sound. I could live with b&w if I had to, but everything I do sounds like shite if I'm not in tune.

For gain-type pedals, I prefer OD's to distortions probably 10:1. My fave in that area is the Timmy. Has been for quite a while now.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
With the snow finally melting - and spring just weeks away (I hope, I hope, I hope), this will be my new favorite pedal for the next few months. I've got a lot of couch-sitting and beer-drinking to atone for. Sorry, not a single pedal, they come in pairs.

View attachment 60009
Just can't bring myself to switch to being clipped in. The aptly named (for this thread) Wah Wah from Kona is my preference (year round!)-

As for guitar pedals... for me they are like potato chips, I can't have just one!

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Just can't bring myself to switch to being clipped in. The aptly named (for this thread) Wah Wah from Kona is my preference (year round!)-
Nah, after the first couple of falls (in my case, embarrassing ones at stoplights), it becomes second nature to kick out instead of pull up. And you start getting power out of your upstroke.

·
Banned
13,247 Posts

As for guitar pedals... for me they are like potato chips, I can't have just one!
These make a terrible sound when they scrape your shin.

·
Registered
66 Posts

View attachment 60009

As for the other kind of pedal, if I could only have one on my board, it would be a tuner.

I get 98% of my tones out of my amps. Gain pedals are just added on to those base sounds for accents or punctuation. And mod effects I could live without if I had to, I think of them as coloring my basic black-and-white sound. I could live with b&w if I had to, but everything I do sounds like shite if I'm not in tune.

For gain-type pedals, I prefer OD's to distortions probably 10:1. My fave in that area is the Timmy. Has been for quite a while now.
I second what ^H/D^ said above. 99.9%. (I have no association with any bicycle. The rest is true. Beer and couch included.)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts