The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a CD yesterday for the first time in a long time. I can't even remember the previous time I bought a CD for myself, it's been that long... Mind you, I already have about 1200 CDs (and have had more than that, but have sold several over the years), so there's not much left that I would want to buy. I don't really listen to new music too much anymore, especially since I had kids, so I just stopped buying CDs. Gee, maybe I'm to blame for the drop in sales?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Last one I buy it's been a while for me too, since I already got all the album that I wanted... But as good as I remember, I think it is BLUE RODEO (greatest hits)

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...just picked up springsteen's "magic".

first cd i have purchased in years (i collect into live performance dvds).

it will probably grow on me, but i definitely prefer his solo work.

-dh

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Last CD purchase was the New Hendrix box set, the one with the purple paisley velveteen cover. A lot of tracks from the London studio recordings. There are some different takes on some of his classical songs, for Jimi fans it is a must to hear... The last DVD purchase was the David Gilmour Live at Royal Albert Hall. Crosby and Nash on backup vocals, Bowie singing Comfortably numb and Gilmour playing some of his finest. Great DVD.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Hmmm

Don't buy may Cd's anymore either. Last CD was Linkin Park Minutes to Midnight and CD?DVD was NEil YOung Massey Hall. As I was looking at it I was questioning myself. "How many versions of these songs do I need" however, well worth it cause when he got to the chorus of Old Man I got chills. + It was very funny for my two year old to proclaim "I don't wanna watch the Caveman" when I had the DVD on! :smilie_flagge17:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I still buy a lot of new CD's but mostly in the form of downloads from iTunes. I have most of my favorite classics and while "good music" seems hard to find nowadays there is a lot out there. The last ones I bought were Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace and Freddie King's Greatest Hits. Last DVD was The White Stripes Under Blackpool Lights.

The newest David Gilmour DVD is on my Xmas wish list - in case anyone is wondering...

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
The newest David Gilmour DVD is on my Xmas wish list - in case anyone is wondering...
How is the Foo's? I'm a bit hesitant as I didn't really dig the last double cd.

·
All the way to ten
936 Posts
Joe Bonamassa's "Sloe Gin". I've been snapping up a lot of the older stuff from Amazon as well. John Mayall, Peter Green and the like. The prices are great on the music I am interested in. I've got my eye on "Shrine 69" and "Diary Of A Band" for my next ones.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Joe Bonamassa's "Sloe Gin". I've been snapping up a lot of the older stuff from Amazon as well. John Mayall, Peter Green and the like. The prices are great on the music I am interested in. I've got my eye on "Shrine 69" and "Diary Of A Band" for my next ones.
Same here! I have all of Bonamassa'a stuff including Sloe Gin. I also buy a lot from Amazon Marketplace (new and used) and have recently picked up Peter Green - Robert Johnson Songbook. I want to get some old Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac.

Starbuck50 -

I like it alot, especially The Pretender - it has a lot of energy. As for the rest of the album, I'm still trying to take it all in. I thought the double CD was ok but mostly listened to Disc 1.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I take my first answer out... The last Cd purchased after thinking about it is Eric Clapton Me and Mr. Johnson Blues album .... 100% sure difinitly this time.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Bought Metallica's Kill 'Em All and Master of Puppets last week for the second time. Still don't know where my original ones went...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to put mine in alphabetical order, with over 1200 CDs I could never find anything when I was looking for it. Sometimes I still can't find something, but that's usually because the wife doesn't put it back where it's supposed to go...

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Just got back from Costco where I bought the new ACDC compilation DVD "Plug Me In". Should be fun to watch.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't have enough CDs to alphabetize... besides which, even if I alphabetized them once, they'd go out of order again when I started looking for stuff and taking stuff out.

Last CDs I purchased... Jimmy Eat World's "Chase This Light" and Armor For Sleep's "Smile for the Camera".

·
Registered
944 Posts
Last time I bought one was through CDBaby. Even though we had a $0.68 dollar at the time, the CD still cost only 2/3 of what it did up here.

CDBaby rocks! :D

·
Registered
698 Posts
I just picked up Floyd's "Ummagumma" & "A Saucerful of Secrets" at HMV today. I've never owned CD copies of those two for some reason.

I don't generally buy a lot of CD's anymore, but for some reason this year I've just gone nuts. Mostly re-masters of old stuff, some more recent indie stuff that I've finally managed to track down, that sort of thing.

The only "current" stuff I've bought lately has been the new ones from the Foo Fighters, Megadeth, QOTSA & Velvet Revolver.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
I still buy 1 or 2 CD's a week...

Yesterday I got Popa Chubby: Electric Chubbyland Vol. 2 & Graham Colton: Drive. Chubby is a bit over the top but I wanted to hear his version of Little Wing (and another version of his San Catri is a bonus).The Graham Colton one is quite good... indie pop/rock stuff.

Pete

·
Registered
14,745 Posts
I haven't bought any CD's for a while, but the last one was Jammed! by Phil Keaggy.
It's got some great riffs on it, and some great guitar lines.

Keaggy's recorded a wide variety of styles--this one is all instrumental and is rock with a blues touch. Some of it is Satriani-esque, but of course Phil was doing that sort of thing before Satch was. (This is not meant to put down Joe--just point out something chronologically--he certainly does his own style.)

I really enjoy the CD, and would recommend it to all of you.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts