The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
I couldn't login from my MacBook but my iPad and Windows computer were fine. I cleared the history in Safari and now the MacBook is fine.

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cleared google history but the problem came back. Doing a full Norton System Scan right now to see if anything pops up.

Working fine using Edge for some reason.

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, the warning I'm getting on Edge is now very similar

Be Careful Here

Your Connection to this website is not encrypted. This makes it easier for someone to steal sensitive information like passwords.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Thanks Alex, this is pathetic. I can't even post or respond to threads on Chrome. Even if I ignore the www version.
That’s entirely possible just because of the missing www. :

- you can have locally (and server-side) cached paths to www.
- parts of the site may randomly reference with and without www., devs tend to be undisciplined with such and many other things (I am terminally embarrassed by humanity’s practice of software “engineering”)
- some browsers may well be more militant with correct security behaviour enforcement; and because of humanity’s software “engineering” problem, same browser will vary version to version

They broke it late yesterday when the new multi-domain Let’s Encrypt cert was used for the first time (obviously without any testing). They likely broke many of their other sites too, so perhaps that means they will notice sooner.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I contacted VerticalScope’s CTO on LinkedIn. The www. cert issue appears to be fixed now. Various caching may continue to cause trouble for a little while.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
This is ridiculous. I was trying to negotiate a sale in the buy and sell during this. I just paid the $15 for the year and if I hadn't sold the guitar I'd have wanted a refund. Tried to post that it was sold for a while now and finally found a browser that would work.

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've done everything I can think of, including a restart. Chrome is now working without the error message but I am completely unable to post anything at all. Really fucking frustrating. Edge will allow me to post but still tells me the site is unsafe.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
My Windows and iPhone Chrome seems to work now (didn’t before for www.). Will test a Mac in a sec. What is your OS and version of Chrome that still doesn’t work?
Chrome Version 67.0.3396.87 on Windows 10 with the latest updates. Can't post on Chrome but I can post using Internet Explorer.
I've cleared browsing data and reset all settings in Chrome several times including just a minute ago.

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chrome Version 67.0.3396.87 on Windows 10 with the latest updates. Can't post on Chrome but I can post using Internet Explorer.
I've cleared browsing data and reset all settings in Chrome several times including just a minute ago.
Ditto all of the above.

Version 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Turns out I am also having trouble with Windows and Mac Chrome and Firefox. Can’t post from those either. Firefox offers a hint: it results in a “must be logged in to do that” dialog when trying to post. They are also having user authentication issues. Have sent all of this to the CTO. He gave me another email address, I’ll send there too.

Tapatalk, Internet Explorer, and Safari seem to work.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts