The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,962 Posts
LOL

They told me last April that "winter was coming" ....... and I didn't believe them. Holy shit, were they ever right. It snowed again this morning. And probably will again Tuesday morning. I wish those scientists were actually correct when they predicted global warming.

·
Premium Member
25,918 Posts
Nice music, but boy they got a pretty cool reception.

Not quite as shot-lived, you should check out the music of Harry Partch. Here's a short video demonstrating the construction of Partch-inspired "instruments" in preparation for a concert of his music.

·
Premium Member
11,061 Posts
wonder if theres some corksniffers that will insist that their ice-violin tone is better if the ice used is from an Antarctic shelf, thousands of years old.

Reactions: isoneedacoffee

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
Can't argue about the guy's passion and dedication, plus the patience.

·
Premium Member
25,918 Posts
wonder if theres some corksniffers that will insist that their ice-violin tone is better if the ice used is from an Antarctic shelf, thousands of years old.
As always, you've got your Antarctic players and your traditional Arctic players, although I suppose you can always change out the pickups.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Nice music, but boy they got a pretty cool reception.

Not quite as shot-lived, you should check out the music of Harry Partch. Here's a short video demonstrating the construction of Partch-inspired "instruments" in preparation for a concert of his music.
that was fascinating. those glass gongs sounded amazing!

·
Premium Member
25,918 Posts
Partch was doing this stuff long before any of us here were born, and well before many of our parents were born. Well worth discovering. He also had instruments made from heavy artillery shells and airplane bomb casings, similar to those glass gongs.

Harry Partch - Wikipedia

·
Premium Member
12,962 Posts
Partch was doing this stuff long before any of us here were born, and well before many of our parents were born. Well worth discovering. He also had instruments made from heavy artillery shells and airplane bomb casings, similar to those glass gongs.

Harry Partch - Wikipedia
I dunno, I find his stuff kind of ............ wait for it

............... wait for it

Dry.

Ba da bummmmmm. B#(*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts