The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Not always. Sometimes you find the dream amp and never change. I found mine back in the 80s and have gone thru 3 of them, and I always come back. Its easy when you love the sound of a JC120. Although it has alot to do with personailty. Some people always want the latest and the greatest, while others just want the familiar............

·
Premium Member
10,951 Posts
Accept2...What happened to the 3 JC120s you've had? Haven't had one in years but liked it when I did for its EQ and chorus. However since it didn't overdrive worth a damn it was dispensible when times got tough. Would like to return to a two amp system with a JC for the clean side. Are they as good as they used to be?

Peace, Mooh.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
JCs are the most amazing amps around. My first one I sold because I thought I needed a big bad boy latest and greatest. The second was retired after having too many miles on it, and my third I still have. I havent tried a modern one but I doubt anything has changed. They still use the same design as they did when they first appeared in the market in the 70s. I run a preamp thru it for distortion, but I have run into those who use the on board distortion............

W

·
0 Posts
I wanted a JC120 for years.....I finally got an old 77 and love it. If you know what years they made the 77, I would appreciate any info.
Like many others though I've found it a hard amp to get a believable dirty tone out of but for cleaner chorus stuff, there is no other.

C

·
0 Posts
"not having enough money"
Busking... sell body fluids.... eBay stuff you don't use any more....

Contact your local Temp agency and pick up some weekend work...

Sell more body fluids!

You'll have a bucket of $$ before ya know it

:)

·
Premium Member
10,951 Posts
Accept2...Thanks!

Clinton...Good advice. I'm working on that bucket of money now. Last spring I had a nice little music fund started but got very sick, lost months of work and had to dig into the savings. Hopefully I'm well for a while, at least until after I buy what I need/want.

As for dream amps, the JC120 would be a nice alternative/mate to the Traynor YCV50, but I'm still gassing for a 20w Traynor. No boutique tastes here.

Peace, Mooh.

C

·
0 Posts
"I had a nice little music fund started but got very sick"
Isn't there a saying about "Real life is what happens to us while we're busy making other plans" or something like that.. LOL

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...i hope one day to own a jazz chorus. to me, they are essential, as are the fender blues jr and the tech 21 trademark 60.

listen to music from the carribean - i think the jazz chorus is the only amp they use.

-dh

·
Premium Member
10,951 Posts
Clinton..."...real life...", right again but I don't mind, I nearly died. I'd rather be broke and alive, LOL!

David...Is that right? I didn't realize that the JC was so popular in the Carribean. Cool. Makes me wonder about other geographically popular amps.

Peace, Mooh.

C

·
0 Posts
"I'd rather be broke and alive"
Hear FN Hear!

At least if yer still sucking wind, things have the CHANCE of getting better!

LOL

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
not having enough money to buy your dream amp...:eek:
I once was planning on what stuff to trade in to buy mine--a Legend halfstack & amphead with touring case. I was willing to give up my JC-60 and one guitar and some cash--but somebody else bought it before I could make an offer.

I love those amps, and I love my JC-60.
If I'd had the cash I'd have bought it and had both amps.
In the long run the JC 60 makes more sense to be what I have now.
But still...

Maybe one day I'll find a smaller Legend amp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts