The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ace Frehley accuses Gene Simmons of sexual assault

Simmons hit headlines on Tuesday after he gave an interview with Guitar World in which he said
his former bandmate had been fired from the rock band three times for “drugs, alcohol, bad behaviour”
and would happily have him briefly appear during KISS’ End Of The Road farewell tour but he couldn’t
be relied upon to last a full set and would never be welcomed back into the group.

Frehley responded by posting a scathing message on Facebook in which he made a host of allegations
about the bassist, including claims Simmons once propositioned his wife.

https://www.facebook.com/officialacefrehley/posts/10155634798915378
My Reaction to Gene’s Post Today

…Gene, your memory is really incorrect!…I was NEVER FIRED from KISS, I quit twice (not 3-times)
of my own free will, because you and Paul are control freaks, untrustworthy and were too difficult to
work with!

…Your slanderous remarks about my bad habits over the years has cost me millions of dollars and now
that I’m over 12-years sober you're still saying I can’t be trusted to play a whole nights show! Well that’s
exactly what I’ve been doing for the last 12-years with different configurations of “The Ace Frehley Band”
to you and Paul’s dismay!

…I’m also the most successful solo artist to come out of the original KISS lineup , and proud of it!…You
and Paul have tried to derail my solo career multiple times over the years unsuccessfully.

…I’ve tried to be nice and friendly by inviting you and Paul to perform on my past albums for eOne Music,
give each of you guys one of my prized Gibson Les Paul 59’ models, but today’s comments have made me
realize you’re just an asshole and a sex addict who’s being sued by multiple Women, and you’re just trying
to sweep it all under the carpet!

…The icing on the cake was when you groped my wife and propositioned her in Los Angeles at the Capitol
Records building behind my back, when I was trying to help you out at one of your “Vault Experiences”
which I only found out about several weeks later…she was planning on pursuing a suit against you, but I
told her to call it off!!!

…Well now the gloves are off after your terrible comments today and I’m thinking that this really may be
“The End Of The Road Tour” for you guys!!!

….Without a complete and heartfelt apology, an offer to give me my old job back, and removing Tommy
from the Throne that I created… THE SHIT WILL HIT THE FAN AND THEY’LL BE NO STOPPING IT-IT’S
ON!!!

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
^ true. ... And who didn't know that Gene was an asshole already (especially after all the reality show stuff / general loudmouthing in the media / merchanidising everything that could have a KISS logo put on it)? I mean, I'm inclined to believe Ace, though if Gene did assault Ace's wife, that's a new low.

... Just reading that interview Gene gave; even if some of that is mostly true, which I doubt, what an asshole to say it like that. Justice would be for all other musicians to refuse to work with them on principle so they have no drummer or lead guittarist for their we-want-more-money-and-we-swear it-is-the-last-one-this-time tour, but there's too many starfucking wannabes for that to work.

At the risk of getting too political, the guy's rhetoric, though much more eloquent (it's a rather low bar) reminds me so much of Trump's. I mean, in terms of the logic and the relentless go-for-the-throat attacks in reaction to even the slightest perceived threat or sleight, or even just to gain advantage. The similarities in style and approach here are uncanny.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The similarities in style and approach here are uncanny.
Fox News Bans Kiss Frontman Gene Simmons for Life

Kiss frontman Gene Simmons—until this week, a favorite guest on Fox News and Fox Business Network programs, which couldn’t
get enough of his supposedly outrageous rock-star antics mixed with conservative politics—has been banned for life from the right-
leaning cable channels.

Fox finally had enough of Simmons after he crudely insulted female Fox staffers, taunted them and exposed his chest, and otherwise
behaved like the “demon” character he plays onstage. Management was not amused, and Simmons’s photograph was promptly posted
Wednesday at the security entrance of the company’s Manhattan headquarters along with a “do-not-admit” advisory.

·
Premium Member
12,296 Posts
The ultimate "sell the sizzle, not the steak" band, IMO. The only inkling of respect I had for them was that Dimebag worshiped them.

But I love a good bitch-slapping catfight among a couple of prisses. Now where's that popcorn eatin' GIF? I need to get comfy for this .........

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Nope.

But I have noticed that any time there is a band or member thereof being critiqued on here someone always tried to bring up how hard Nickleback is dealing with the same thing. Curious that. Like maybe they are but honestly I have not heard a peep about Nickeback in a few years. But if you wanna bring it up, I suggest you start with explaining how the lyrics to Figured You Out are not misogynistic and promoting exploitative behaviour. ... just go start another thread for that - don't derail this one.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Anyone ever notice that similar comments seem to follow KISS around as for NICKLEBACK?

People like to shit talk about Kiss.
People like to shit talk about Nickelback.

However, Kiss and Nickelback consistently pack venues.

@GrannyGremlin ,

If Nickelback lyrics trigger you, might I suggest the following Kiss tunes,

- Nothin' to Lose;
- Christine Sixteen;
- Goin' Blind;
- Love 'em and Leave 'em; and my Ace fave
- Rocket Ride

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Nope.

But I have noticed that any time there is a band or member thereof being critiqued on here someone always tried to bring up how hard Nickleback is dealing with the same thing. Curious that. Like maybe they are but honestly I have not heard a peep about Nickeback in a few years. But if you wanna bring it up, I suggest you start with explaining how the lyrics to Figured You Out are not misogynistic and promoting exploitative behaviour. ... just go start another thread for that - don't derail this one.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
lol. Gene's a piece of work and I still love Ace. Gene can suck my knob.

Signed - Old school Kiss fan

Great list of tunes there @SG-Rocker
Bonafide fan from the debut up to the Love Gun / Alive II period.

Ace has claimed that after Love Gun, it wasn't fun to be in Kiss anymore, which completely aligns with what I hear in the music.

If you can watch this and not laugh, you're not human....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Zuw1Y8QrU

Ace was the 70s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts