The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,104 Posts
No biggie falling from that wouldn't kill me...... I'd smother in shit before I ever hit the ground!

·
Registered
12,259 Posts
i sometimes work on a scissor lift 40' in the air hanging equipment as big as a bus, while standing on the rails.
i have been in stunt planes while they did all sorts of tricky manuevers
but last weekend i took my grandson and my son to a thing called "go ape" not far from here. Bear, DE

i can walk the wires, and cross the floating logs no problem at all. can i step off that platform to ride the zipline while i'm only 20' in the air? hell no. i tried, but could not force myself to step off. i wasn't "afraid". i just couldn't bring myself to do it, even though 10 yr old girls had a blast doing it the entire time.

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
Catch you doing what? Working on a roof? Or living in Ottawa?

I'd never do the first (I have a massive fear of heights) but I'd probably try the second. Well, at least until November. :D

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Back when I wasn't so big/heavy I used to be into rock climbing. So when my father in law needed to build a flying butress off the side of his house to get the gutter over the footpath into his rain barrel I harnessed up. No biggie.

I did nearly piss myself when my belayer at the climbing gym let me freefall 2 stories after I reached the top of the wall and asked to be let down. Bit of a whiplash when the grigri finally locked.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
Nope. Get vertigo too easily. Unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
One winter, when I lived in Ottawa, I had to pay guys to get on my roof and hatchet off ice buildup so that water damming didn't occur. That looks crazy enough because they were up there on ice.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One winter, when I lived in Ottawa, I had to pay guys to get on my roof and hatchet off ice buildup so that water damming didn't occur. That looks crazy enough because they were up there on ice.
We have to pay guys to shovel off our roof at the back about twice each winter.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The other week I couldn’t stand 4 feet up a ladder with something in my hands, it was breakable and hard to come by.

I think I would be ok if I was tied off and had either a hand free or was being held by my belt.

But I don't think those ropes would hold me, and what's with the noose?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I remember being in Ottawa the first time and seeing people with wires zigzagging across their roofs and asking what that was all about. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts