The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whaddya all think of your Yorkie stuff? I see Xanadu has the 200W combo.

As of a few weeks ago, my amp & cab are Yorkie, and so far I'm real impressed. Small problem with the mute switch on the amp, but nothing they can't fix real quick. Drowns out my guitard real easily. :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Well I went to L&M to buy a Fender Bassman 200, and the Yorkie was like $400 cheaper and sounded better, so I bought it. The only complaint that I have is also with the mute switch, when I mute it, it doesnt mute the DI out. Which might be how they're supposed to work, but I'd like it to mute the DI. Also, with my Yamaha, the A110 is really loud, like way louder than any other note, so I bought an EQ and it fixed it. I thought it was the amp, but my new SR506 doesn't do it, so I'm thinking it was the bass.

And it's really loud for a combo, at 3, it keeps up with the drums, and the 300watt monitors.

·
Registered
788 Posts
james on bass said:
Drowns out my guitard real easily. :D
Arrrrrgh...I've been Jamming witha bass player that has a traynor 300 watt tube amp, he cranks it so much he gets breakup from the amp, my little classic 30 is always dimed when we play:mad: ...next jam the 5150 comes with me (and ear plugs) :D I will give him a taste of his medicine (when i hit the first chord there will be dandruff in the air) then we can all turn down a bit :sport-smiley-002:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
SCREEM said:
Arrrrrgh...I've been Jamming witha bass player that has a traynor 300 watt tube amp, he cranks it so much he gets breakup from the amp, my little classic 30 is always dimed when we play:mad: ...next jam the 5150 comes with me (and ear plugs) :D I will give him a taste of his medicine (when i hit the first chord there will be dandruff in the air) then we can all turn down a bit :sport-smiley-002:
i didn't know traynor made bass amps I thought they did guitar amps, and yorkville did the bass amps.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Xanadu said:
i didn't know traynor made bass amps I thought they did guitar amps, and yorkville did the bass amps.
this amp is from the 70's I dont know what model, he just boasts that it's 300 watts tubes :sport-smiley-002:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
SCREEM said:
this amp is from the 70's I dont know what model, he just boasts that it's 300 watts tubes :sport-smiley-002:
lol oh ok.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Traynor does have a new bass tube amp, the YBA200. Apparantly it is quite a nice amp, and like everything else, cheaper than most other brands out there.

A couple guys over at HCBF have that amp and love it. I like a little tube growl, but am not really a fan of full-out tubes for bass.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Played with a bass player who use to use a Mono Block, I think they were made in the 70's. The thing was the size of a refrigerator, 18" bass reflex with two 10's or maybe 8's facing the front. LOUD!! this might be the 300 watt job your talking about. It may have been one of traynors earlier solid state amps.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I Tried the YBA-200 once, but I was not impressed. The sound is good at low volume, but the headroom don't seem to be great... To me, it lacked volume (note that I'm used to a SVT-4 pro so I might be biased volume-wise...)

Anyway... I won't spend money on this tube head, I guess tube is not my thing after all....

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
especially for the money, I don't like tubes for a bass amp.

·
Registered
93 Posts
my bassist in my last band used a new-ish yorkville 4x10 when his ampeg 4x10 crapped out. i thought it sounded better, and he was using a warwick thumb bass and an ampeg rackmount head

·
Registered
788 Posts
PaulS said:
Played with a bass player who use to use a Mono Block, I think they were made in the 70's. The thing was the size of a refrigerator, 18" bass reflex with two 10's or maybe 8's facing the front. LOUD!! this might be the 300 watt job your talking about. It may have been one of traynors earlier solid state amps.
thats prolly what it is...breaks up like a tube amp though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
traynor's old tube bass amps also make killer guitar amps for cleans. very hiwatt/marshall-esque

1 - 14 of 14 Posts