The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had seen this done by someone else and had to try it for myself. Take an old Nintendo NES...

Add a few transplants and you get...

DeViateD player. I made a template for the outputs, measured, drilled etc. and generally McGuyver'd it in there (boards had to be flipped, wires extended, new switches hooked up) only to find that it works just great The original power switch still works for power and the game reset switch opens and closes the tray. all other functions are controlled by the remote. All I have left to do is fill the original controller port holes with a dark gel to cover the IR sensor and route the power from the power led on the dvd control board to the led on the NES sitchboard. I highly recommend the ordeal to the technically adept...it keeps the chops up.:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
698 Posts
With your "polish a turd" subject, I hope the first flick you watched was Christine!

I get a kick out of people who do stuff like this. I have been considering modding an old Atari 2600 console into a DVD player or a small form-factor multimedia PC...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Emohawk said:
I get a kick out of people who do stuff like this. I have been considering modding an old Atari 2600 console into a DVD player or a small form-factor multimedia PC...
I get a kick out of it too. I wanted someone to gut my old Peavey Rage and turn it into a single-ended tube amp but unfortunately the chassis isn't quite big enough.

·
Registered
141 Posts
THAT IS CRAZZZZZY:rockon:

looks kind of confusing:confused-smiley-010 oh well

ITS STILL F***ING CRAZY:rockon: :rockon:

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
SinCron said:
To the Salvation Army thrift store!
...i was there last night (newmarket). picked up a sony tape deck in almost new condition for $10.

i also have a sony boombox that i got from value village for $5. it has stereo ins and outs, stereo mic in, decent built in (mono) mic and vu meter - great for sitting around recording song ideas etc.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
david henman said:
...i was there last night (newmarket). picked up a sony tape deck in almost new condition for $10.

i also have a sony boombox that i got from value village for $5. it has stereo ins and outs, stereo mic in, decent built in (mono) mic and vu meter - great for sitting around recording song ideas etc.
lol yay for cheap shit.:rockon:

·
Premium Member
8,497 Posts
This guy was on the forum for 11 years and was "last seen May 12th, 2017"

Anyone know if he played bass for Iron Butterfly?

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
There are several brands of turd polish. This appears to be a favourite

1 - 19 of 19 Posts