Sept. 5th Vancouver
Sept. 7th Edmonton
Sept. 8th Calgary
Sept.14th London

Reactions: mario

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I'd like to see Todd again when they come to the Bud-last time was late 70's-early 80's with Utopia. (and my gf is a huge Todd R. fan). I saw Yes on the R&R HoF induction a month or so ago, Geddy Lee played bass on Roundabout. Then Steve Howe played bass on Owner of a Lonely Heart whle Trevor Rabin handled the guitar. After having seen the original band five times in various incarnations, with both Wakeman and Moraz, I was kind of surpirised at how good Jon Anerson still sounded. Wakeman and Howe solid as usual. But Chris Squire was always my favourite in that band, I think.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
I remember seeing both these bands, different shows but close together that same summer in Toronto at the Gardens, pretty sure it was ‘75 or ‘76.

Both great shows, pretty sure Uriah Heap opened one of them.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I just stumbled on this thread. I saw Yes at MLG back in 1978 and then around 2005 here in London. My 18 year old guitar playing son is a HUGE Yes and 70s Prog fan so we are going to the show here in London. It is only Steve Howe and Alan White but I hope they put on a good show.

·
Registered
24,147 Posts
I saw Yes in '71 when they opened on a triple bill here in Ottawa, supporting the Fragile album. Try and wrap your head around this one. Yes opened. Then came Alice Cooper, and the headliners were Sabbath. basically, the musicianship went downhill as the night wore on, and the weed smoke got thicker. I went with a couple of guys from work, but left about halfway through Cooper. After watching Steve Howe work his magic for 45 minutes, there wasn't much the other bands could offer that would entice. Maybe if it was an all-heavy show, but Yes and the other two bands were definitely mismatched.

Never seen Todd live. I bet it would be a real trip. Loved his stuff ever since I heard The Nazz albums in high school. We used to do a couple of tunes from Something/Anything during my band days.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Steve Howe's son died, so the tour is cancelled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts