The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
All of the Sunrise stores around here closed up a few years ago.

One of the guys from the one at The Pen Centre opened up a shop in downtown St Catharines. Mindbomb Records

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if they take over the HMV at The Pen.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
All of the Sunrise stores around here closed up a few years ago.

One of the guys from the one at The Pen Centre opened up a shop in downtown St Catharines. Mindbomb Records

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if they take over the HMV at The Pen.
Apparently Sunrise only has 5 stores left right now. Moving into 70 HMV outlets seems awfully ambitious. I applaud the effort amd wish them well - I am a firm believer in a real medium for music. More importantly I think an artist should be able to express their art in a full multi-song album format. Can you imagine what would have happened to Sgt Peppers or Pet Sounds, Tommy or Thick as a Brick if the world was able to just stream/download individual tracks?

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Apparently Sunrise only has 5 stores left right now. Moving into 70 HMV outlets seems awfully ambitious. I applaud the effort amd wish them well - I am a firm believer in a real medium for music. More importantly I think an artist should be able to express their art in a full multi-song album format. Can you imagine what would have happened to Sgt Peppers or Pet Sounds, Tommy or Thick as a Brick if the world was able to just stream/download individual tracks?
On CBC radio today they reported that Sunrise had 10 outlets - still not many, but now they don't have any major competition... I hope they do well. Apparently, they are going to put much of their effort into vinyl.

I think there may be a return to people buying hard copies of their music now that iTunes has moved to licensing music to it's customers instead of selling it. I know that I'll be making hard copies of most of the music I "buy" from iTunes in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts