The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello my fellow Canucks and I am sure American friends,found this site through one of your posters, who has been very knowledgable on another site.I am a retired musician (yeah right my wife says) and am a Moderator on another large forum, but thought I would swing by where we might have a few more Canadians, am certinly glad to be here and share whatever I can and always glad to help out any which way I can, I believe that one has to give back for all the things that have been shared with me,been playing for about 40 years and its only been the last 5 years where I can say I have replaced electric for acoustic and now concentrate on that only,am out on the West coast and the snow has already fallen for skiing season.And I enjoy talking with fellow minded folks about music and instruments.Ship

·
Premium Member
17,424 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Please tell us more about your music interests,your career in music and yor gear* (* past and present).

Enjoy and post often.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Welcome aboard. It'll be great to get some new perspective and insight. Cheers

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GuitaristZ, its a Robert Plant song, and its nice to be here for the rest of you guys and gals, I have a collection of mostly acoustic guitars,sold off the electrics a ways back,I love all styles of music and have been studying with my daughter( she currently is studying in Douglas College,on the WestCoast for you back East) and learning to figure out why I do the things I do to make music, I felt that it was time to understand why things work and to hold a conversation with someone who reads music, so I just felt it was time to get back to the basics,with electric you could cheat your way through most songs, with an acoustic you cant get away from having to play cleanly to have it heard and understood or felt whichever way you prefer,so, thats me, oh and in my spare time I moderat for a US national( and Oriental) guitar makers forum.Ship.........I kinda felt I needed a little more Canadian flavor

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Welcome from another 70s/80s survivor on the west coast.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, I can feel the love,thanks guys its great to have new friends so close, and to talk with old friends, where abouts in Richmond are you Shad,#5 and Cambie for me, and bobb you are just across the bridge from me, and I am going to post in the luthier section also, took my worrking girl in for repairs today,so you can find out more there.Ship

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ah, I can feel the love,thanks guys its great to have new friends so close, and to talk with old friends, where abouts in Richmond are you Shad,#5 and Cambie for me, and bobb you are just across the bridge from me, and I am going to post in the luthier section also, took my worrking girl in for repairs today,so you can find out more there.Ship
I'm near #1 and Williams, but my bank is at #5 and Cambie LOL. Looking forward to your luthier report.

Cheers, :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I'm near #1 and Williams, but my bank is at #5 and Cambie LOL. Looking forward to your luthier report.

Cheers, :food-smiley-004:
And I'm near the PNE, way over on the far side of Vancouver.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow

Almost looks like a realllllllyyyyyy cheao excuse to get together for a beer and nacho's.Ship:food-smiley-004::rockon:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts