The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Charvel (HH) and Kramer (HSH) Superstrat
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling out to Yamaha THR users!
I’m having an issue using my THR 10X with headphones (Sennheiser HD 598Cs) via a 3.5mm to 1/4 inch jack converter. The output through the headphone sounds flat (like without any cab simulation), so if anyone has any idea or experience in this case, I’ll really appreciate it if you can let me know how I can fix it.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Calling out to Yamaha THR users!
I’m having an issue using my THR 10X with headphones (Sennheiser HD 598Cs) via a 3.5mm to 1/4 inch jack converter. The output through the headphone sounds flat (like without any cab simulation), so if anyone has any idea or experience in this case, I’ll really appreciate it if you can let me know how I can fix it.
It's possible that since you now have the drivers up to your ears, you're no longer hearing any of the room ambience you would be hearing through the speakers in the room. Adding a bit of reverb might help. According to the block diagram in the manual, the internal speakers and the headphone jack are both post amp sim and I don't think the amp sim is defeatable.

*edit* apparently the amp sim is defeatable but only using the Android app or if you use the CLEAN , BASS or FLAT amps. Maybe you turned it off by mistake or have one the amps I mentioned selected?

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Stereo jacks have 2 black lines/washers

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Screenshot_20200225-103938_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you mean by flat? What specifically makes you think it doesn't have cab sim on?

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
it sounds like playing through a Zoom G1 direct into headphones, if not worse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's possible that since you now have the drivers up to your ears, you're no longer hearing any of the room ambience you would be hearing through the speakers in the room. Adding a bit of reverb might help. According to the block diagram in the manual, the internal speakers and the headphone jack are both post amp sim and I don't think the amp sim is defeatable.

*edit* apparently the amp sim is defeatable but only using the Android app or if you use the CLEAN , BASS or FLAT amps. Maybe you turned it off by mistake or have one the amps I mentioned selected?
I just got the amp brand new and never connected it to the computer, so I don’t know how that will be possible

1 - 10 of 10 Posts