The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was messing around with some basses in lakeshore music the other day (i was playing the bassline from "schism", the most impressive bassline i can play cleanly), and while i normally prefer fenders and music men, i gave the yamaha RBX 5-string a go. colour me impressed! it sounded fantastic and was more comfortable than the geddy lee signature and the stingray.

if i ever find myself in need of a gigging bass, i'll definitely look into getting the 4-string RBX (dual MM pickups). anyone else like these basses?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
yeah i got one

im actually thinking of selling it and buying another ibanez.:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was this one here. The string spacing was excellent. It didn't feel like they just took the 4-string model and widened the neck accordingly.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
oh...well then..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh yea, Ive got one of those bad boys. My first and still favorite bass is an RBX, strawberry red sparkle. It's pretty broken in at this point, but it plays kick ass, and has that great vintage sound from the p/j pickup combo. Ive been meaning to upgrade the pickups, but haven't bothered yet cause they sound good.

Here's me bringin' the house down.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have 2 RBX270's (4 string PJ) that I like - really thin neck, fairly easy to play (I don't have low action due to strong pick usage for some songs in our set list).

I tried the RBX375 like you're looking at a few months back in the store and I liked it. I would like to try it with my amp, though to really see how it sounds with my setup.

For the price, you can't really beat them - they're well made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts