The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about picking up a YAMAHA AES-620 any thoughts on this one?

All the reviews look great. :food-smiley-004:

M

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The pic doesn't look to bad either..... try it, you like it, you buy it... Drool then give us a review....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow... that is a nice-looking axe.

I have a Yamaha acoustic and I have yet to be disappointed with it after 15 years, so I will have to give this one a look the next time I'm at Steve's (which will be soon :smile:).

Is it M.I.J.?

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...yamaha guitars are extremely well made, even the cheapos.

that said, give it a good test run. i went to a music store a couple of years ago intent on buying a high-end pacifica. i reluctantly concluded that although it is a well-made guitar, it was not a real pro/player.

-dh

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
well I`m no pro, not even close but I own and love my USA II and Pacifica 10th anniversary...similar to the USA II but with Duncan single coils instead of the Vintage Rails. Warmoth necks and bodies, Duncan p`ups, Schaller locking tuners, Wilkinson bridges...come to think of it, `bout the only thing Yamaha about em is the MOP inlayed logo on the headstock. Also have the MS 1511 Mike Stern and an SA2200 plus an SAS 1500 as well as several acoustics...love them Dynamics... and a couple of older SG types. BIG fan of the Yamahas...for these amateur hands and ears they sure are great guitars.

·
Administrator
15,981 Posts
sneakypete said:
well I`m no pro, not even close but I own and love my USA II and Pacifica 10th anniversary...similar to the USA II but with Duncan single coils instead of the Vintage Rails. Warmoth necks and bodies, Duncan p`ups, Schaller locking tuners, Wilkinson bridges...come to think of it, `bout the only thing Yamaha about em is the MOP inlayed logo on the headstock. Also have the MS 1511 Mike Stern and an SA2200 plus an SAS 1500 as well as several acoustics...love them Dynamics... and a couple of older SG types. BIG fan of the Yamahas...for these amateur hands and ears they sure are great guitars.
I just picked up an early 80's SA2000 and it is a killer guitar :rockon:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
very good...they are beautiful. But...don`t spill the beans `cause prices will start going up if too many guys catch on to Yamaha. sssshhhhh.

·
Administrator
15,981 Posts
sneakypete said:
very good...they are beautiful. But...don`t spill the beans `cause prices will start going up if too many guys catch on to Yamaha. sssshhhhh.
Too late, I spent more than I would have a year ago (still under $1000 but not by much) so word is leaking out. This far surpasses most 335's I've played so it's still a bargain in my opinion. :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Aes620

I've owned an AES620 for about two years now. It plays great. It sounds great. Best value for my buck. No regrets whatsoever. There's more to a guitar than a brand name. There are many great expensive guitars out there but there are also many budget wise ones as well. My two cents.:rockon:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts