The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about have all the bits and pieces for my guitar in my hot little hands now! Just waiting for some black pickup rings and concentric pots. Think I may start cutting up the blank in the next day or two! You know the old adage: "Lay awake at nights planning, measure a million times, cut once." Something like that! LOL!
-Mikey

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, AJC, I was talking about it over on HC one day on your thread. It's going to be like a slightly reworked Gibson Moderne. I originally wanted to build one exactly that shape, but I changed my mind and added my own twists to it. All the parts are here, and I think I finally have got the guts to tear into that nice chunk of Ash tomorrow. My biggest concern is that the blank has a seam (almost invisible, but that might change when I stain it) right down the middle, and I am a bit freaked about getting the neck, pups, and bridge/tailpiece perfectly centred. Next concern is getting the tune-o-matic in the proper place for good intonation, because I am angling the neck up a bit to allow for the height of the bridge, and I am not sure how much of a difference that will make to where the bridge studs need to be. I have laid awake at nights trying to work out all the details before I start to cut, so I guess I will know soon enough if I have thought about it long enough. LOL!
-Mikey
P.S. Of course, any suggestions would be most welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts