The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RS320s are $399.00, the 420s are two hundred bucks off. Seems like pretty good prices for what seem like decent guitars. I think most of this line is made in Indonesia?

What do you guys think of these things?

·
Registered
662 Posts
No personal experience with these, but they look pretty cool. The Yamaha instruments I've played have all been pretty nice, probably a pretty good deal for the price.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have no personal experience either, but I think they're sweet looking guitars. I love the RS502T Green 2-P90. These Revstars have some great colours. Damn, if I was actually in the market for another guitar... I'd take a close look at this sale.

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have P-90s in my SG but that RS720B in Ash Grey is damned attractive. It's $1000.00 though.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I have no personal experience either, but I think they're sweet looking guitars. I love the RS502T Green 2-P90. These Revstars have some great colours. Damn, if I was actually in the market for another guitar... I'd take a close look at this sale.

The orange/gold burst looks the most interesting to me.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I picked one of these up about a month ago at my local.
I wanted to start learning open tuning and slide without spending alot.
A Godin RG3 is my main guitar but with the vibrato, changing from standard to open tuning was not an option for me.
I went through a selection of SG's..and some other hard tail double cutaways hanging in the store.
All unplugged and through process of elimination.. comfort..feel, weight and resonance I narrowed the field down and kept coming back to the Yammy.
Solid, stable guitar, pretty good tuners, great neck ...sold!
I brought it home and dropped a Bartolini (that I have had for years) into the bridge slot..similar DC resistance to the stock pups in the guitar.
To my surprise the stock pup sounded very good compared to the Bart.
The only issues...weird taper on the vol pot. and the tone pot was 250k..it dragged down the output vol. ever so slightly when connected so...
Changed both mini pots out for standard size 500k's...yes they will fit into the cavity.
The shielded cable from switch to output even though only a few inches long was microphonic ..changed that out and all is quiet.
Pickup selector has a good feel when changing positions, seems well made and should be reliable.
Only one other addition was a Schaller roller bridge from Stew Mac's and a switchcraft o/p jack.
The guitar stays in tune very well and after a bit of graphite in the nut, tuning changes are quick and accurate.
The balance is slightly neck heavy but not bad at all.
Well worth $400.00 +-

·
Registered
271 Posts
I just bought the RS502 shop black (it's the p90 version, like the one 3rd from the left in picture, but the colour is like the one third from the right).

I love it...

I actually went to The Guitar World in Oakville to try (and buy ) a Godin Empire with P90s, loved it and would have bought it... but the I saw this Revstar and fell in love :)

It took me 3 visits to the store playing both before I pulled the trigger.

I was worried I'd have buyers remorse and regret not picking up the Godin... but nope, very glad I got the revstar.

It looks so cool... :)

Here's a pic (the little label on the tone knob has since been taken off lol!)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts