The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wasnt shopping for another amp and I allready have 2 YGL Mark3 but ... I found a bass that I could not pass up on and went to get it. The seller had a couple of amps and plugged me in a Traynor YGL Mark3 combo and the sound of it was amazing... after talking a bit, seller wanted to sell everything at very good price... so made a package deal... so... for about $200 came back with this baby !!! :D

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crazy good deal, at that price I wouldn't be able to say no either. :D
I agree entirely... crazy good deal... at that price Ill buy every Mark 3 that crosses my path...

The speaker upgrade really makes a difference sound wise...

I would suggest to everyone that owns one to experiment with different speakers...

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts
Crazy good deal, at that price I wouldn't be able to say no either. :D
I could. I'm done with 212 100 watt amps. I get a hernia just looking at them.

@Frenchy99 , you can have any of those that may have been destined for me. My back thanks you.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

@Frenchy99 , you can have any of those that may have been destined for me. My back thanks you.
Send them my way!!! ;)

At this price, will try my hand at making some nice head cabinet to convert one to a head ... :cool: A funky one also...

On a side note, this baby sounded amazing for bass !!! :eek:

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I don't want a 212 combo either, I was thinking the same as Frenchy, easy enough to chop and make a head. Sell the speakers or use in another cab. These 'twin killers' are among the last amazing deals to be had in Traynor vintage tube amp platforms.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
I couldn't let an Amp like that slip away for that kind of money. I am sure that it is way too heavy, but so what if it is just for home studio use. You did good!

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts
Send them my way!!! ;)

At this price, will try my hand at making some nice head cabinet to convert one to a head ... :cool: A funky one also...

On a side note, this baby sounded amazing for bass !!! :eek:
Are you sure you want to pay the shipping across the country? Suddenly, your into used Mesa prices if you do that.

Great sounding amps, no doubt. Gives a Twin Reverb a run for it's money. I don't want one of those either! ;)

Reactions: Frenchy99

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I couldn't let an Amp like that slip away for that kind of money. I am sure that it is way too heavy, but so what if it is just for home studio use. You did good!
Yep.. home, friends place, jam place... Leave one everywhere where you play on a reg basis... Or in this case, convert to a head...

After seeing people asking $800.00 for a YGM3 ! Hell, Im happy with this buy !:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts