The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,755 Posts
I do have an octave pedal--which I like for a variety of reasons--but one of the things about this pickup is being able to select only the lower strings--so not all notes are played lower--just that string or those strings you select--so cool idea.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Now, just build a looper and a tuner in there and it will be the cats meow!

Seriously, cool though. Being an Electronics Technologist, I am curious as to how it works.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Now, just build a looper and a tuner in there and it will be the cats meow!

Seriously, cool though. Being an Electronics Technologist, I am curious as to how it works.
I have one sitting on my bench right now. It's pretty cool. There are 2 coils inside. One covers all six strings like a standard pickup. The other covers 2 or 3 strings depending on the model (I think it's an option. The first ones only covered E and A, this one can have D dropped or standard.). The smaller coil goes through a processor. The standard coil output gets connected the same way as any other pickup. You replace the output jack with a stereo output jack, and the bass output goes to the ring connection of a stereo output jack. you can then break out to two separate amps. This setup allows you to add different effects to the different signals :)

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I wonder if this guy uses this or something like it. I saw them live recently and he played a tele (two of 'em, actually, one in open tuning) with extra electronics and two outputs. One went to a DRRI, the other to an Ampeg head and 115 cab. I don't think he had the octave down thing going on but he was able to split his lower 2 strings off.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
One of the better ideas to come along in the last year IMHO.

Reactions: bzrkrage
1 - 20 of 20 Posts