The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Would You Let Them In Since You Can Watch Them Online?

• Yes

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 90.9%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazon, Walmart want to leave deliveries inside your home... when you're not there

Amazon wants to leave packages in your home, Walmart will put groceries in your fridge
Delivery people entering your home is the latest offering in the battle for online shoppers

Stephanie Reisner enjoys the convenience of online shopping, but when Amazon invited her to try a new service where packages would be left inside her home, she balked.

"It's a bit invasive," says the author who lives in Denver. "They're getting a little too personal."

On Nov. 8, Amazon will launch Amazon Key, where a delivery person gains access to your home while you're out and drops your packages just inside the door.

To start, the e-commerce behemoth will offer the service to Amazon Prime members in 37 U.S. cities, and hopes to eventually make it available to Prime members across the globe.

It's the latest innovation in the battle for customers as more people turn to online shopping to buy everything from electronics to groceries.

·
Registered
11,956 Posts
Fack no. Who would do this? It's $250 for the compatible lock, ffs!

Would they be willing to give me access to their stores after hours to pick my stuff up?

I'm not even crazy about strangers pounding on my door on Sundays,
nevermind routing through my house while I'm not there.

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
Not a snowball's chance in hell.

I do use Amazon sometimes when I can't buy locally, but I have never shopped at Mall-wart (and there is one in town).

Maybe it's a trust issue, but my protective instincts are stronger anyway.

Fuck corporations and their attempts to take over our lives.

·
Registered
14,904 Posts
No.

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
Impossible, I have a dog

P

·
0 Posts
Just leave some money out so they can get their meth fix without stealing your TV.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Oh god no way in hell.

We have a half way house on our street and the trouble that this place has caused is more then me and my neighbours can deal with.

I know that these delivery people are bonded but that don't mean jack shit to me.

·
Registered
759 Posts
In the last millennia, I was a milkman in the Montreal burbs for a while. At some houses, I would just come in the front door at 5 in the morning, look up the fridge and replace what was missing. There would be some cash on top of fridge for me.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My question now is who is voting yes???
I was wondering the same.

I don't think I would let someone in. If I had a lot of items being delivered when I wasn't home, I would build a sturdy box with a lock on it and design it so packages could be put in it but not taken out; something similar to a postal letter box.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts