The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse the crude title, the 10 year old me wrote that. Apparently the weirdest sounding health treatment can provide tremendous benefits for those suffering crones’, irritable bowel syndrome, etc, including a complete cure. It seems to boost start your own healthy colony of good bacteria.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I'm not seeing a link or anything, but I'm assuming that you're talking about a "fecal transplant"? As I understand it, it's not as unsavoury as it sounds and is show amazing positive results. Apparently, they harvest the bacteria from healthy stool and but it into a capsule which you consume in the usual manner (i.e. not a suppository). As you said, it gives your digestive tract a "bacterial re-boot".

If I had any digestive tract issues, I would try it in a heartbeat!

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not seeing a link or anything, but I'm assuming that you're talking about a "fecal transplant"? As I understand it, it's not as unsavoury as it sounds and is show amazing positive results. Apparently, they harvest the bacteria from healthy stool and but it into a capsule which you consume in the usual manner (i.e. not a suppository). As you said, it gives your digestive tract a "bacterial re-boot".

If I had any digestive tract issues, I would try it in a heartbeat!
Yes, that's the one. Fecal Transplant does not sound like swallowing a pill but I admit I never dug into the actual process. Was intrigued as my Mom developed issues not too long ago. I don't want to donate though.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have Crohn's disease, and the best treatment was healthier diet (less meat, no more processed foods, trying to buy organic and non GMO whenever I can) combined with a healthier lifestyle (sport 5 times a week + being more active in general).

Diagnosed at age 16, couldn't go to school for the last 2 years of high school because of that (was homeschooled). Went through various treatments, have been treatment-free for the past 6 years with almost no flares.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Not me. I couldn't give a shit. Aw, c'mon. You KNEW that would come up eventually, didn't you? :D %h(*& I mean, who in their right mind would let that one get away from them? It's like a $100 bill just lying there on the ground.
best possible response, you get a star on your paper today.

Do You Know Jack shit : wtfstockphotos
You know eating yogurt will almost do the same thing or other items these days so no I will pass
you know, i thought similar: haven't these folks ever heard of probiotic acidophilus? i have almost no small intestine, and if it weren't for that, i couldn't eat at all. sure there are other (minor) things i have to do as well, but i live as near normal as one could ask for.

·
Registered
24,336 Posts
Thanks teacher, I'll bring in an apple for ya tomorrow. ;)

Apparently there is more hype than content in the yogurts advertising all these gut benefits.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Serious part:
I have a son with Crohn's, this treatment has been in the research phase for a few years now with very promising results.

Humour attempt:
Eat shit and live?

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Well, this is pobviously the right place to drop this old classic:

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I have Crohn's disease, and the best treatment was healthier diet (less meat, no more processed foods, trying to buy organic and non GMO whenever I can) combined with a healthier lifestyle (sport 5 times a week + being more active in general).

Diagnosed at age 16, couldn't go to school for the last 2 years of high school because of that (was homeschooled). Went through various treatments, have been treatment-free for the past 6 years with almost no flares.
One of my close friends nearly died of Chron's when we were in high school. He managed to battle back on a strict diet of cocaine and Budweiser.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts