The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a significant difference in sound and quality of the Seagull Coastline Momentum and the Seagull S6? The Momentum is a couple of hundred dollars more and I am wondering if it really is that much better. Going to try them this weekend and see for myself, but I would just like to hear what others think.

·
Registered
137 Posts
$210 difference to get a gloss-top and the Fishman Sonitone already installed for you. It's a pretty basic piezo pickup (if it quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck) You'll want some kind of EQ between the guitar and the amp, because I don't think this one comes kitted with one onboard. I hate piezo pickups on an acoustic, but that's a personal preference. I have an S6 Coastline Gloss-Top and a Martin HD 28, and the Seagull is an amazing guitar bargain.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
As the others have said it's mostly electronics and a little bling. I believe that Seagull has the 1.8" wide nut. You might find that too wide if you have smaller hands/shorter fingers or if you have the opposite that will likely appeal to you. If it is too wide, take a look at its brother the S & P model with the 1.72" nut.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
If you like the Momentum better and you think it is worth it, despite the law of diminishing returns,... go for it.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I recently got a guitar with a Fishman Sonitone : pass your way on that !
I had better piezzo in the past (K&K and LRBaggs) and the sonitone actually produces more quacks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts