1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,828 Posts
Nah, just days that end with a 'y'.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
It looks more like website marketing to me. A quick look and there was nothing new or exciting that I could see.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
It looks more like website marketing to me. A quick look and there was nothing new or exciting that I could see.
Man Steadly, what a cynical view. There are a lot of up and coming (read: FUTURE) guitar players of every age that have a good chance to learn things about the guitar, its heroes, and its music through many generations here. Of course there is going to be advetsing, but what I see is the beginning of an idea of just playing guitar. Just look at the list of "World guitar day latest" links.

This is a fantastic idea and many of us have been waiting for this type of thing from the day we started. I'm at the 30+ years of playing mark and I learn something new every single day. Don't close your eyes and your mind to something that is good here. There isn't enough good shit in this world right now.

/rant haha

L

·
0 Posts
A quick look and there was nothing new or exciting that I could see.
You have to take more than a 'quick' look.

I knew a few of these tips, many are a 'I have to try that'.

Get better electric guitar tone: 50 secret tips | MusicRadar

Use two amps

Ever wondered how somebody’s tone is distorted yet still clean and clear?

It might be that they’re using two amps; one set to be very distorted, the other much cleaner,
or emphasising a specific set of frequencies. Mixed together the sound becomes massive. Try it.

PRO TIP: Set up any amp quickly

“I’ll tell you how to dial in any amp in the world and have it sound as good as it can. I dial any
in amp like this, because I do a lot of fly-in gigs, and I’m not always able to take my own amps.
Usually it’s a Fender ’65 Twin Reissue, or the Hot Rod amps – sometimes a Marshall DSL.
But whatever it is, this is how it works for me.

“You’ll find that every pot has an obvious cusp point in its rotation – every single one – where it
goes from not doing much, to where it really kicks in. So I sweep through the pots one by one and
find those spots. All amps will do this – bass is especially easy to hear... nothing, nothing, nothing,
then bang, there it is!

“Gain is just the same, master... and so on. Maybe reverb not so much – just put that where you like it –
but all the others have a strongest sweep point in the rotation, so I find it, and that’s where it gets set!
It’s the same with any pedals, all drives and tones – that’s how I set my Providence SOV-2 as well, for
example.

“If you do that, the amp is set as evenly as it can be; not too trebly, not too dark. With everything set right
on the cusp, you can push it over by digging in, or pull it back by playing softer. It makes everything really
responsive and sensitive to what you do. The rest is up to you!”

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Man Steadly, what a cynical view. QUOTE]

Yes, I have gotten very cynical over the years. I used to be very, very naive.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
@laristotle , I saw that tip on a Youtube video specifically for the Blues Junior earlier this year. Even after playing electric forever I had no idea about that. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Well maybe you saw nothing new and or exciting, I just spent 1 1/2 hrs. reading through many interesting articles and appreciated getting my knowledge or lack of said knowledge brought back into focus. Maybe not new or exciting but to me worth the time I spent reacquainting myself with things long forgotten or maybe just ignored.:)

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Well maybe you saw nothing new and or exciting, I just spent 1 1/2 hrs. reading through many interesting articles and appreciated getting my knowledge or lack of said knowledge brought back into focus. Maybe not new or exciting but to me worth the time I spent reacquainting myself with things long forgotten or maybe just ignored.:)
Hey, Fredy, maybe I was a bit hasty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts