The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys have never met except online. This cover song was done remotely by the three of them and well done.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I have a friend that has been doing this type of thing for quite some time. Some people in Europe, States and he is from Ontario.

The Internet has certainly made the world a little smaller in some ways.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
The intricacies of the music of CS&N are difficult to reproduce, and the vocal harmonies almost impossible. These guys did a great job at both. Very nice cover.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have a friend that has been doing this type of thing for quite some time. Some people in Europe, States and he is from Ontario.

The Internet has certainly made the world a little smaller in some ways.
I've done a few online collaborations,not with video in my case,but by sharing wav/mp3 files.
It's good fun,both originals and cover tunes.

It gets really cool if you ever meet up with one or more of the musicians and you get to jam it live.

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
These guys live in North America and Europe and put studio tracks together this way.

A few years ago, on the 70,000 Tons of Metal tour, they got to perform together. That doesn't happen often for them.

Reactions: fretzel

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
That playing for change was great. Live to hear the tackle a JJ Cale tune.

Here is one of the collabs my buddy did. He is a big metal head and a big Cooper fan. I was surprised to find out that I introduced him to Alice's Welcome to my Nightmare. We had met in high school in 85/86 and reconnected on FB over 20 years later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts