The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good story. Woman rented a car & took it to Walmart. After shopping she found a similar-looking car in the lot that she thought was her rental and - because the key fob had been left in it - was able to drive it away. Used it for two weeks, then returned it to the rental agency complaining that the car had been given to her with dirty ashtray and with golf clubs in the trunk.

:D Nothin' funnier than real life sometimes!

Ontario woman accidentally steals car for 2 weeks, mistaking it for a rental | CBC Radio

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
On the plus side you Know she didn't go over on her miles.

Only way that could be better is if the person whose car she stole mistook the rental for theirs.....and reported the golf clubs stolen.

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
My Father-in-law "stole" a car once. He had a new Ford and one exactly like his was parked in the same area as his (when he came out of the legion in downtown Toronto which may have had something to do with it). The keys fit and he didn't know he made a mistake until a cop knocked on his door just after he got home.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Bought a used Saturn in Ottawa a few years ago. Seller of the car told a story of coming out of the mall, putting the key in an red Saturn and drove home. An hour later the police had the street blocked off finding a stolen red Saturn. I guess if the key fits don't drive it

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Father-in-law "stole" a car once. He had a new Ford and one exactly like his was parked in the same area as his (when he came out of the legion in downtown Toronto which may have had something to do with it). The keys fit and he didn't know he made a mistake until a cop knocked on his door just after he got home.
Bought a used Saturn in Ottawa a few years ago. Seller of the car told a story of coming out of the mall, putting the key in an red Saturn and drove home. An hour later the police had the street blocked off finding a stolen red Saturn. I guess if the key fits don't drive it
Both those stories report fast action by police. Keeping it light in the OP I didn't pose an obvious question: how does a woman drive a stolen car around a very small city (Cornwall, actually technically a large town) for two weeks without getting stopped?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Good story. Woman rented a car & took it to Walmart. After shopping she found a similar-looking car in the lot that she thought was her rental and - because the key fob had been left in it - was able to drive it away. Used it for two weeks, then returned it to the rental agency complaining that the car had been given to her with dirty ashtray and with golf clubs in the trunk.

:D Nothin' funnier than real life sometimes!

Ontario woman accidentally steals car for 2 weeks, mistaking it for a rental | CBC Radio

Sorry, I gotta call this "fake news". No way a woman with that much savvy would be shopping at Wally-world.

·
Registered
15,189 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts