Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 199 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happening now.

"We have about a mid-20s female who has crawled up the crane, crawled out on the
end of it and slid down that cable to the big hook that she's on right now," Shaw said.

upload_2017-4-26_7-18-13.jpeg

upload_2017-4-26_7-17-52.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
Wow, wonder if she can sing? Looking for a front-person. With "high public profile" (sorry, couldn't resist)

Sent from my other brain.

Reactions: SaucyJack

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I hope that doesn't turn ugly. Without knowing the story, I assume it was a suicide attempt that faltered. I feel bad for her family, who must be sick with panic right now.
I heard that nearly every person who survived golden gate bridge suicide attempts changed thier minds on the way down.
1 out of 5 people suffers from mental illness in thier life. Those are reported stats. The real number is likely 1 out of 3.

Hopefully this ends without tragedy

·
Premium Member
10,871 Posts
I'm with Scotty on this one. I have daughters that age, and many current and former students. I would hate to think this could happen to any of them. This hits closer to home than we'd like to think. I hope there is help for her.

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
All puns aside, I'm glad she's safe'n'sound & hopefully gets the help she needs.

Sent from my other brain.

·
Premium Member
5,095 Posts
The news media doesn't report suicides unless they get really high profile like this one did.......kinda masks the problem, and it is a huge problem no one seems to wants address.

assuming it is a suicide attempt that is.

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
If it was a suicide attempt then I hope she gets the help she needs.

But if she was of sound mind and it was a dare, a stunt, or whatever then she should have to pay the costs of the rescue.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
If it was a suicide attempt then I hope she gets the help she needs.

But if she was of sound mind and it was a dare, a stunt, or whatever then she should have to pay the costs of the rescue.
I agree completely. The rescue organizations shouldn't have to foot the bill for stupidity.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Why would somebody who's thinking about suicide climb all the way up, then scale down the cable(s) and sit there. Seems kind of odd, I'm familiar with suicide tendencies and that doesn't seem to fit the bill. But hey, good God only knows what goes through a person's mind during extreme stress.

Hope she does well for herself.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.