The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The description for the Wolfetone P90s is "(being written)" according to the website. Other than the obvious connotation, can anyone tell me about the Mean, Meaner and Meanest P90s??? Could someone compare them to others like, let's say the SD SP90-1, SP90-2 and the SP90-3? ( I have the last two) Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Give Wolfe a call. He is great to deal with and will wind you exactly what you want. I have one of the first sets of Marshallhead 'buckers he wound and they are awesome. Everyone I know with Wolfe's P90's swear by them

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Dave do you remember the model, if there is such a thing , of the 90's, mean,meaner meanest. It doesn't really matter more of a curiousity thing. The ones in the GT are absolutely awesome sounding, there seems to be something new everytime you play it. Certainly don't regret purchasing that guitar... :food-smiley-004:

I think they would be awesome in a LP junior.

·
Administrator
16,148 Posts
PaulS said:
Dave do you remember the model, if there is such a thing , of the 90's, mean,meaner meanest. It doesn't really matter more of a curiousity thing. The ones in the GT are absolutely awesome sounding, there seems to be something new everytime you play it. Certainly don't regret purchasing that guitar... :food-smiley-004:

I think they would be awesome in a LP junior.
No such thing as Mean, Meaner, and Meanest when I bought them. But I would suspect they are "mean".

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have a set of Wolftone P-90s the ones used in the Rick Derringer signature guitar. I haven't had the opportunity to install them yet. Just too busy. I've used his Greywolfs and Marshalheads they are Awesome pickups. I believe he may have sound clips available on his Website (not sure) Just give Wolfe a call and tell him what sound you are after and he will wind them for you. He is a great guy to deal with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts