The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a bit of a line on a 1980 Fender amp, but I'm not really sure what I should expect to pay. ANy ideas on what these are worth in the market?

Here's a bit of a description:
1980 Fender amp ... It has 2 channels (clean and distortion) 2 inputs, 2 Fender 10'' speakers @ 110w of total power and a new set of tubes. Everything works perfectly and it has a great tone....

It looks to be a "Concert" model.
What do you think?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was just checking eBay and that seems to be about right.

This seller doesn't know what to ask and I don't know what to offer. We're a good pair, we are! :p

·
Premium Member
3,855 Posts
dodgechargerfan said:
Here's a bit of a description:
1980 Fender amp ... It has 2 channels (clean and distortion) 2 inputs, 2 Fender 10'' speakers @ 110w of total power and a new set of tubes. Everything works perfectly and it has a great tone....

It looks to be a "Concert" model.
What do you think?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
If it's an 80's model it would be a "Concert II", which I think were around in the mid 80's, but not in 1980. It may be (but I don't think it is) a Paul Rivera design. The Concert was reissued in the 90's too, but I think it was as a 1x12 combo only. Also, the 110W is power consumption, not output. It would probably be about 40-60W with 2 x 6L6 tubes.

I have seen a few of these for sale for around $400-500 but never tried one (the $400 one was in pretty rough shape).

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
I have a 1x12 Concert and it is a really nice amp. The last of the regular production models that was wired on the old style eyelet board, so easy to mod as well.

Check to see if he has the original pedal. They can be pretty pricey to buy after the fact.

They were produced during the Rivera era along with the Deluxe II, Super Champ, Princeton II, and Twin II.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts