The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
I'm a fan of the Xvive wireless. Been using them both live and at home for a few months now. Shane from InTheBlues reviewed them recently for playing live. He's a fussy guy and he loves them. Buy two packs and you can go wireless to the amp too (I go Xvive from the guitar to the pedalboard and then cable from the pedalboard to the amp).

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Ever thought of going acoustic? LOL

Wireless is always a compromise, even if you spend 4 figures on a pro setup. They always introduce latency and the lower end units can have pretty nasty data compression.

If you are going to buy, I would highly recommend getting it from a dealer that has a generous return policy.

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Ever thought of going acoustic? LOL

Wireless is always a compromise, even if you spend 4 figures on a pro setup. They always introduce latency and the lower end units can have pretty nasty data compression.

If you are going to buy, I would highly recommend getting it from a dealer that has a generous return policy.
There's no discernible latency with the Xvive. And it's not just my experience, search reviews and everyone is saying there's no latency.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a fan of the Xvive wireless. Been using them both live and at home for a few months now.
That is actually the system I was looking at before I saw the Line 6 system on sale for the same price.
How long do you get on the charge?

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
That is actually the system I was looking at before I saw the Line 6 system on sale for the same price.
How long do you get on the charge?
Over 4 hours. It's great not to have to worry about cables as I move around the studio and it makes adjusting amps a breeze.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Wireless, even in regulated frequency bands, are always sensitive to the surroundings. The units that operate in consumer GHZ range can get hammered at some locations and have much limited range compared to pro units in the 500~600MHZ range.

·
Premium Member
17,189 Posts
I get that, but, I use just one cable and getting rid of it would be a huge convenience.
So the expense (at that price point) might be worth it to me if it works well.:)
$20 cable, $100+ wireless unit. Im not sure I see the convenience. I assume your receiver will be placed on top of your amp with a 6" cable going to your amp input?

At the end of the day, it is entirely your decision.

·
Premium Member
12,243 Posts
$20 cable, $100+ wireless unit. Im not sure I see the convenience. I assume your receiver will be placed on top of your amp with a 6" cable going to your amp input?

At the end of the day, it is entirely your decision.
I agree. With all the other cables involved (1, 3 maybe more), it's sometimes a wash.

I always play with a pedal board, and the L6 unit looks to be designed for that scenario, as the receiver fits into the pedal board chain mentality. I'm fine with a cable (not a coily, either!!!) from guitar to pedal board. I'm somewhat tied to that area by the pedals, mic and vocal monitor anyways. The rest of the cables are taped down or under the carpet so no issues there.

But with modelers, this becomes a bigger issue. Potentially no pedal board, just the controller. So I could go wireless straight to the modeler on the cab and have one e-net cable to the controller. That is intriguing for me. Especially as the other guitar player has already opted into the wireless age. (I enjoy 'operating' his wah pedal when he strays too far away during solos ..... LOL).

Reactions: Budda

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Well, I was so intrigued with the 5GHz unit from Caparelli that I reached out to them. A unit is on its way to me as we speak. I'm hoping the narrower base will fit in my Ibanez's jack cavity.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts