The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend good/high quality wireless headphones for under $100.00?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I think you either need to reduce your expectations or increase your dollar value. I use a set of
Logitech gaming cups for the computer but the ear pads eventually rotted out. I have a set of Bluetooth Bose for the iPad/iPhone. Supposedly Sony make a cheaper/ better alternative but I forget the model #.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand, however, there are lots for sale under $100.00 on amazon.ca and eBay. I don't want to get a cheap pair and it's been so long since I have been out of the audiophile side of things, I forget what specs I should be looking for.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
I understand, however, there are lots for sale under $100.00 on amazon.ca and eBay. I don't want to get a cheap pair and it's been so long since I have been out of the audiophile side of things, I forget what specs I should be looking for.
get something with a big brand name on it and you’ll be happy

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I’ll never buy without the try. Headphones have such a range that I’ll go through a dozen until I find ones I really like. I know they aren’t wireless, but my $70 pair of Audiotechnica phones were nearly as good as $300 pairs, so I suggest you try a bunch and see what you like best in your budget.

I’d really like cordless too as all my playing theses days is through effect/sims. I’m always getting messed up in the cord or running over it with the wheels of my chair

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
If you are using these for music production you should be concerned about the additional latency wireless, especially BT, may introduce. In any case, your are going to be sacrificing fidelity over convenience at your budget.

·
Premium Member
4,368 Posts
I usually go and look at reviews and sift through the different websites. Last year I needed a noise cancelling headphone that sounds good at the same time. Went through the reviews and ended up with a Sony wh-1000xms. My point is you will have to decide your priority. Is it the price, whether its comfortable, or audiophile sounding, etc You will also have to consider that bluetooth is not the best when it comes to transferring music, Anyway here is a link to reviews for what they recommend for whatever is your priority. For $100 I'd look for budget wireless headphones,

The 14 Best Wireless Headphones to Buy in 2018

·
Premium Member
16,796 Posts
I'm likely going to buy a set myself sometime soon, but I'd be willing to spend just a bit more to get better sound. I'd set a budget at $200 and hopefully come in around $150.

I think setting the ceiling at $100 might be a bit optimistic.

Addendum: Now that I have looked through the list Chitmo provided even $200 is a bit rosy.

Looks like to get decent sound you're into $300~400.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For under $100? Not likely.
I'm likely going to buy a set myself sometime soon, but I'd be willing to spend just a bit more to get better sound. I'd set a budget at $200 and hopefully come in around $150.

I think setting the ceiling at $100 might be a bit optimistic.

Addendum: Now that I have looked through the list Chitmo provided even $200 is a bit rosy.

Looks like to get decent sound you're into $300~400.
You guys are likely right but I thought I might get something on Black Friday. I think I'll check out the specs on something decent and then see what Black Friday brings about.

Reactions: jdto

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
I am looking at these ones. Your comments?

I am presently using Sony XD200's which are wired and they are adequate for me. If the wireless ones are as good as the DX200's, then I would be happy with them.

Sony Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Truly Wireless Headphones - Grey
those look sweet, just remember that Sony spends most of its money on marketing and very little is actually spent on the product. these are just old and rebranded things that didn't sell when Zellers went out of business

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do they come in green?
Ha! Ha! You have a good memory. On the colour choices on eBay, I picked all colours but pink and...............................you guessed it, green. That said, after three years in our new place here in NB, I have a pretty decent green lawn. Of course, that is where green belongs.:)

Reactions: davetcan

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I found a great pair.

Daily Pick | Guitar Center

Save $90.00
JBL V300NXT EVEREST Elite 300 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones White Restock
Bluetooth 4.0 enables wireless connectivity while new NXTGen Active Noise Cancelling Technology combines the immersive experience of active noise-cancelling with the ability to control the amount of outside noise to let in, giving you the power to balance awareness of your surroundings with your listening experience.

With legendary JBL Pro Audio sound delivering a dynamic acoustic experience, sculpted ear cushions providing unprecedented fit on your ears, a 10-hour rechargable battery, and TruNoteTM Auto Sound Calibration, now you can enjoy ultimate comfort, freedom and personalization. A built-in microphone allows for easy call access.

Bluetooth 4.0
Connect to any Bluetooth-enabled device for amazing wireless sound quality.

Best-In-Class Ergonomics
These headphones are designed to fit the unique contour of your ears. You’ll experience unprecedented comfort. Listen longer and enjoy it more.

Exclusive NXTGen Active Noise Cancelling
For the first time, JBL combines the immersive experience of active noise-cancelling technology and lets you control the amount of outside noise to let in. So you have the power to balance awareness of your surroundings with your listening experience with the simple press of a button.

TruNoteTM Auto Sound Calibration
Be blown away by the cleanest, most authentic version of your music that you’ve ever heard. With the press of a button, TruNote Technology automatically calibrates the sound of the headphones uniquely for you.

Auto Off
Experience greater simplicity and a longer battery life with the auto off feature which powers the headphones off automatically when not in use.

My JBL Headphones App
Get even more control and personalization of your listening experience with this free App. Through your mobile device, you can create custom EQ settings and access all other headphone settings and features.

Built-in Microphone
Built in microphone with echo cancellation technology delivers natural sounding calls.

What’s in the box:
1 pair of JBL EVERESTTM ELITE 300 headphones
1 JBL carrying case
1 Micro USB charging cable
1 Audio cable with 3.5mm jack
1 Quick Start Guide
1 Warranty and safety note
My JBL Headphones App download instructions
less
Price $69.95

Regular Price:
$159.95

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think I found a great pair.
Well, according to the description, you’ll experience unprecedented comfort and be blown away by the cleanest, most authentic version of your music that you’ve ever heard.

Tough to beat that I guess.

Though somehow I think maybe they’re just saying that and don’t really mean it.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Well, according to the description, you’ll experience unprecedented comfort and be blown away by the cleanest, most authentic version of your music that you’ve ever heard.

Tough to beat that I guess.

Though somehow I think maybe they’re just saying that and don’t really mean it.
I got a feeling its marketing but if Steadly bought them then probably not as he doesn't fall for that stuff

P

·
0 Posts
I spent around $500 each for 2 pairs of wired headphones last year. $100 for wireless is low. YGWYPF.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts