The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a set of wireless (i.e. Bluetooth) headphones for the office. Anyone have a pair they really like? Was at Best Buy today, but inventory was limited. Dude was pushing the Monster set that was on sale, but no demos there to try on. I liked the comfort of the Skullcandy Crusher, but the bass boost was disabled and I read that feature can get overwhelming. I also read that Beats were all marketing hype - are they worth a look? Again, these are just for background music at the office, so don't need studio quality sound and no latency concerns

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
I'm in the market for a set of wireless (i.e. Bluetooth) headphones for the office. Anyone have a pair they really like? Was at Best Buy today, but inventory was limited. Dude was pushing the Monster set that was on sale, but no demos there to try on. I liked the comfort of the Skullcandy Crusher, but the bass boost was disabled and I read that feature can get overwhelming. I also read that Beats were all marketing hype - are they worth a look? Again, these are just for background music at the office, so don't need studio quality sound and no latency concerns
If you are not looking for anything real spectacular, these may fit the bill for you.

Mpow Thor Foldable Over-head Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones Headset PC with Mic and Detachable Cord(Upgraded Version): Amazon.ca: Computers & Tablets

Reactions: marauder

·
Registered
18,585 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
I bought a pair of Logitech H800 from Canada computers for $99. They had excellent sound not audio phile but very good. No bluetooth issues. It came with a Transceiver to plug in to USB for connection to the computer or you could use it for bluetooth connection to the iphone. Couldn't do both at the same time like some headphones.
The dissapointment with these, though is that after about a year and a half of owning them the charging input on the headset broke and I can no longer charge the headphones. Researching the Internet it seems this was a common problem. The other issue was the charge only lasted about 5 or 6 hours. So if I put them on as soon as I got to the office at 9 they'd be dead by about 3. There are some headphones out there boasting they will last 14 to 20 hours. But they cost more. I really did like the Logitech but the 2 issues I had will mean I'm not going to buy another pair.
I'm looking for a replacement but I definitely want over the ear and do not want noise cancelling. Thats hard to find.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The other issue was the charge only lasted about 5 or 6 hours. So if I put them on as soon as I got to the office at 9 they'd be dead by about 3. There are some headphones out there boasting they will last 14 to 20 hours. But they cost more. I really did like the Logitech but the 2 issues I had will mean I'm not going to buy another pair.
I'm looking for a replacement but I definitely want over the ear and do not want noise cancelling. Thats hard to find.
Yeah, I really prefer over-the-ear as well. That doesn't imply noise cancelling, however. Maybe "sound isolation", but that's different. The noise cancelling ones jump up to the $400 range and I'm not going near that!

I've seen some wireless sets boast "up to 40 hours" of battery life. Of course, "up to" is one of my favorite marketing terms so grain of salt taken. But still, that's a high bar to set.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
I've seen some wireless sets boast "up to 40 hours" of battery life. Of course, "up to" is one of my favorite marketing terms so grain of salt taken. But still, that's a high bar to set.
I'd be happy with 10 hours. I think if they can do that with the noise cancelling headphones it should easy with non noise cancelling head phones as supposedly the noise cancelling feature eats up the batteries more.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
I just bought a pair of Skullcandy Hesh 2 bluetooth for exactly the same purpose as what you are looking for. I think they might be coming discontinued as they are on sale at various places for under $100. I like them because they can be used either conventionally (with cable) or wireless (and the cable detaches from the headset). They are advertised as having a 15 hour charge.
Hesh 2 Wireless Headphones by Skullcandy

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just bought a pair of Skullcandy Hesh 2 bluetooth for exactly the same purpose as what you are looking for. I think they might be coming discontinued as they are on sale at various places for under $100. I like them because they can be used either conventionally (with cable) or wireless (and the cable detaches from the headset). They are advertised as having a 15 hour charge.
Hesh 2 Wireless Headphones by Skullcandy
Was actually just looking at those online! Best Buy near me appears to have them in stock - I'll check 'em out.

·
Yo.
1,211 Posts
How about JBL? These seem to be priced right and overall decent reviews. Link:

JBL Synchros E40BT, Bluetooth, On-Ear Headphones with JBL Signature Sound, Purebass Performance, Wireless Shareme Music Sharing and a Superior Fit, Black: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Or if wired, give these a go. They're pretty awesome. Warehouse deals from Amazon will get you a good price on these (click on used. They're usually not used, but B stock or have damaged packaging).

Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Closed Back Headphone: Amazon.ca: Electronics

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
While a great concept, without cables I'm pretty sure I'd be listening to a lot of mono music. Hell, I still connect my mittens with a string and pull them through my sleeves.

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
It's all yours.

I might go with The Stereo Kittens.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
My wife has the Sennheiser HD125. Although one side went dead (certainly not because they fell on the floor when her stupid husband was moving a desk), she sent them into Sennheiser and had a new pair in a week or two. Can't say how they sound -- I hate headphones -- but the service speaks for itself.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
I have set of wireless. I used them once. They just dont get loud enough for me. I tend to destroy all my headphones........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts