The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So being fortunate enough to be retired, my keyboard player and I are putting together about 2 dozen great Beatle tunes that we plan on playing at jams, family get togethers etc.. for fun or maybe a few $$. I will be doubling on guitar and bass and he will be on bass, keys and acoustic on some songs. I have another buddy who will join us on guitar later on. Its a great project to keep us busy for winter. What about your projects, music or other ?

·
Premium Member
16,867 Posts
Well, I have options. A few winters ago I took up building tube amps. I made three over the winter that year.

Or, I have all the equipment and software I need to put together a very capable home studio. All I would need is a young man or woman with good computer (and hopefully some musical) skills to get me going.

And there's always a remote chance someone may ask me to play with them.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Excellent project. Good on you.

Wifey and I love to make music together at home, but next month we've got a gig! Sort of. We're providing music over the cocktail hour at our niece's wedding. I'm not sure if it's going to be super fun, or a nerve wracking experience... probably both.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I hope I will continue to build intrumentals (tabs) of pieces I love and write some compositions. I am no professional, but I had a few performed by other singers/players : always rewarding even though no money come in.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Hopefully get my 10-year old playing bass and maybe I'll learn a thing or two about it as well. And, as always, play/practice guitar more often and hopefully improve.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
For me, we've been playing regularly every month at the Rainbow Bistro. With my work which is getting busy and being in another band, I'm actually looking at taking a break, just don't know when. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
My son, who plays lead and/or rhythm guitar and knows a great deal about many things related to music (computer software, etc), is moving to Kanata and now has a bit more time on his hands. I would love to see him get in a band as he's been out of that scene for a few years. He's 48 and prefers classic rock, jazz and even country. PM me if your interested and I'll pass it on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts