The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
My money is on the thousands of drunken rednecks that will be all over you if you try! :tongue:

Bad as it sounds, that guitar IS Willie Nelson. I can't think of many other artists that are more closely identified with any one single instrument.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Robboman said:
I can't think of many other artists that are more closely identified with any one single instrument.
Exactly. It's as immediately identifiable as Stevie Wonder's harmonica. I happen to love the sound of Willie's guitar btw, not so much some of his song choices though. Think I'll pass on this show.

I did go to a Willie Nelson (July 4th) Picnic once back in the 80's in upstate NY. Didn't last long enough to see Willie's set though.

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Robboman said:
Bad as it sounds, that guitar IS Willie Nelson. I can't think of many other artists that are more closely identified with any one single instrument.
I can't imagine him playing anything else. From a conventional sense, it is surely a crappy tone, but he makes it work in the context of his music.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hope he makes it back to Vancouver, with his being this close. I am kicking myself in the backside, for not going the last time he was in town.

I think his cintributions to music go highly disregarded by to many, and this comming from an un-abashed metal head, who happens to have about a dozen Willie albums, as well as song books ect. ect.

·
Registered
485 Posts
My friend Roxanne and I are going! We've got seats on the floor, which is always a gamble (I'm only 5'4" LOL). Willie is an icon, a classic, and he's 75. Can't hardly wait.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just picked up a pair of tickets, as and easter present for my better half yesterday, for his show in Vancouver, can't wait, really looking forward to this one, maybe just as much as I was looking forward to Black Sabbath last month :D hope he pulls out some good tunes, like his version of Me and Bobby McGee, Blue Eyes Crying, Blue Skies, Whiskey River, Seven Spanish Angels, and a doubtfull, but very hopeful, his version of Sentimental Journey (sp?)

Is there a set list available anywhere for this tour, that any knows of?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts