The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I am not that old, but I keep on running into situations (like this) where Millennials seem to be rediscovering the world.

·
Premium Member
18,007 Posts
I am not that old, but I keep on running into situations (like this) where Millennials seem to be rediscovering the world.
Hm? More often than not, I see people who are 30+ on their phones while driving, not some 20 year old. Most people who drive 110 in the left lane seem to be over the age of 30 from my guestimations. From my observations as a commuter it's not really millenials that are being a PITA - it's everyone.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
Toronto had a blitz a few years ago where they were fining people for going too slow in the left lane.

As the clip you posted shows, the person who did the video did not know the rules. While we should know the rules (at least most of them), the driver's education and licensing system is woefully lacking. It is simply too easy to get a driver's license.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Hm? More often than not, I see people who are 30+ on their phones while driving, not some 20 year old. Most people who drive 110 in the left lane seem to be over the age of 30 from my guestimations. From my observations as a commuter it's not really millenials that are being a PITA - it's everyone.
You're right, of course, this problem is highly multigenerational. My comment didn't have enough context:

- 25%: the OP's video was obviously narrated by a Millennial that "didn't know", yet managed to get his license

- 75%: I just happened to have had a slew of "discoveries" of "obvious" stuff by "the new generation" in a bunch of other contexts in the last couple of weeks, it is starting to look like a pattern

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I want a big rubber bumper on my truck like the old service station wreckers used to have (when cars still had steel bumpers)

In all seriousness, as much as I think extra slow drivers are actually dangerous, the retards I see zigzagging in and out of traffic across 3-4 lanes at a time deserve to find the ditch.

Even worse than those, are the clowns I see passing on a 2 lane highway, up the crest of a hill, past a handful of cars. It's one thing if they want to risk their own life, I don't really care...but it's the innocent people that get hurt. Families etc.

Don't get me started about impaired drivers. Stupidity behind the wheel. The dumbest thing I've ever heard is somebody saying they drive better after a few drinks or toke. Ok no-tooth-no-clue...if you really think so

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
If your doing the speed limit take the lane if you want. Drunks and stoners kill and so do speeders. Most the bitchers feel the passing lane is their personal speeding lane.

·
Premium Member
18,007 Posts
Most the bitchers feel the passing lane is their personal speeding lane.
I'd rather them speed in the fastest lane than in the slowest lane or exit ramp, where some schmo doing 130+ is much more unexpected though. Doing 118 in the left lane I expect to move over to let some people get by.

Theres also those who pass on the right... no idea where that comes from. This is with an empty left lane, driving in center too.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
When I was a kid, I was riding my motorcycle from Mississauga to New Brunswick and the first night I was in the passing lane on the 401 outside of Toronto. This car came up behind me and kept flashing their lights. I had no idea what they wanted. I figured if they wanted to go by, just use the other lane. There were hardly any vehicles on the road. Finally, I moved over into the other lane and they went by me. At the time, I had no idea that you weren't supposed to drive in that lane. It wasn't in the driver's handbook and no one had told me.%h(*&

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Driver's Handbook
When faster traffic wants to pass you, move to the right and let it pass in safety. When being passed on an undivided road where the passing driver has pulled into the opposite lane, pay attention to oncoming traffic and move closer to the right side of the lane. Be prepared to slow down to let the passing driver get in front of you more quickly to prevent a collision.
On many high-speed roads with three or more lanes in each direction, trucks are not allowed to drive in the far left-hand lane. This means that the lane next to it is the truck passing lane. If you are in this lane and a truck wants to pass, move into the right-hand lane as soon as you can.
Driver's Handbook
Slow traffic on multi-lane roads must keep right.
Keep to the right lane except when passing on two-lane sections where climbing or passing lanes are provided.
Driver's Handbook
Traffic should keep to the right, using the left lanes for passing.
Use the far left lane of a multi-lane freeway to pass traffic moving slower than the speed limit, but don’t stay there. Drive in the right-hand lane when possible.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts