The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Why would anyone want to spend $1300 on a phone?

2K views 89 replies 34 participants last post by  1SweetRide 
#1 ·
I don't get it, but what do I know?

You can count me out though.

#9 ·
I like the higher end phones but I generally stay a generation or 2 behind as a compromise on having the latest and price.

Paid almost double that for a high end PC that I really do nothing more than watch YouTube on and run amp sims with though. I definitely feel a little more stupid about that purchase than the iPhone lol

#14 ·
#19 ·
Why would anyone want to spend $1300 on a phone?

Because it's their lifeline. Everything evolves around it. Really, look at all those zombies on the street. Take their iPhone away, they fall to pieces. It's like a respirator/pacemaker/intravenous plasma for them.

So what's a mere $1300 ?

#27 ·
Jock, not really. And I guess I sorta understand the premise, it is indeed a lotta dough. But if people want nice things, who the hell are we to look down on them?

I don't have a personal phone either, though that's misleading as I have a company i5S that I use also personally. But I keep the Mrs in a nice phone, and am about to upgrade her to one of the new Apples....haven't committed to the idea of the X yet, I will say.

#34 ·
I get that, and sure, do what you like with your own money.
I do see the need for a cell for someone in a business too.

A lot of people after these phones are just chasing the latest trends/shiney things.

It just struck me that your post was a bit condecending in itself.

#31 ·
Heroin and opioids are supposed to make you happy too. I don't think they are that good for you from what I hear. Neither do material things. If they did, the last phone they bought would have made them so happy they would not want to replace it with another one.

#32 ·
I don't own a cell phone either. Got by over a half century without one and don't really have a need for one (need being the operative word, sometimes it's great to be unreachable too). I have made the observation before and this is just another, of many products, that is not made to last, made from materials that will last hundreds of years, if not longer. They ought to be making these things from something that biodegrades in about 5 years or so with the expected life span they have. To me they epitomise the throw away society/culture that has become so prevalent.

#33 ·
I don't own a cell phone either. Got by over a half century without one and don't really have a need for one (need being the operative word, sometimes it's great to be unreachable too). I have made the observation before and this is just another, of many products, that is not made to last, made from materials that will last hundreds of years, if not longer. They ought to be making these things from something that biodegrades in about 5 years or so with the expected life span they have. To me they epitomise the throw away society/culture that has become so prevalent.
Isn't that so true!

#35 ·
eeeasy, folks. keep that blood pressure down. lets try and steer the blame towards millennials and their dependancy on technology and avocado toast.

time to cuddle up by the fire, listen to an old timey radio show and think about good ol the days before you fucked up the world and created the next generation that you bitch about now

#46 ·
I can't remember the last time I had a phone with only a 4 megapixel camera. Maybe 12 years ago?

#52 ·
Is it true? Idiots burn money?

Who are we talking about here? Are we talking about people who need to have the latest and greatest or are we talking about the Uber intelligent poor, the extremely wise frugal perhaps? Bitter have-nots?

I know a lady who uses a 2 million dollar home for storage.

She must be dumb as fuck.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.