The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
We should be able to delete our own threads. This is the only forum I am on that does not allow that

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
@GCAdmin1 I hope you read through this thread. Moving threads into the politics area should not be used as a way of 'sweeping things under the rug' so to speak. It would seem a convenient way to avoid moderating, as that is the un-moderated area.
Many, like Kerry who started this thread, have no interest in joining up in that closed area. If a thread that is not intended to be political goes that way, posts can be removed, edited, or the users cautioned, worst case the thread can be locked and the OP can be told to restart the thread in the other area if they so desire. Shuffling all problematic threads off to the politics area when they are not intended to be political will just turn the forum into a non-moderated forum. Unfortunately, many here already believe that to be the case.

Is there an intent for the forum to go to a non-moderated state?

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
I doubt Kerry was attempting to do this, but I have seen very very clear cases on this forum where users add a completely out of context political comment and it seems like the only reasoning is to stir up crap or insult people. Which is, for lack of a better term, extremely lame. Yes, people could have a thicker skin. By on the other side of that, why should a good discussion be derailed over something that is posted only to try to cause crap (again, I am referring to completely out of contest comments)?

I personally find the moderation on this forum to be pretty fair overall. It's not always an easy job.

·
Premium Member
8,534 Posts
I doubt Kerry was attempting to do this, but I have seen very very clear cases on this forum where users add a completely out of context political comment and it seems like the only reasoning is to stir up crap or insult people. Which is, for lack of a better term, extremely lame. Yes, people could have a thicker skin. By on the other side of that, why should a good discussion be derailed over something that is posted only to try to cause crap (again, I am referring to completely out of contest comments)?

I personally find the moderation on this forum to be pretty fair overall. It's not always an easy job.
Don't know if you saw my post on the prior page, but I am highly doubtful there is anything like traditional moderation going on here any more. Responses to complaints only is my best guess, then path of least resistance fixes.

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
Don't know if you saw my post on the prior page, but I am highly doubtful there is anything like traditional moderation going on here any more. Responses to complaints only is my best guess, then path of least resistance fixes.
I'm not sure, but things have been bad enough here at times that I've just left the forums for a year at a time. Things seem fairly civil to me now hah.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts