The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Ok, here's a question, should I restore this:

Or should I turn it into a funky electrified novelty item with a couple of single coils and a nice metalic finish? :rockon2:

By the way it's a 12 string believe it or not!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tarbender said:
.....Or should I turn it into a funky electrified novelty item with a couple of single coils and a nice metalic finish? :rockon2:

you should make it into a super mandolin...with some EMG actives...a floyd rose...locking nut...and a ibanez jem type handle thing...oh and dont forget a purple and white bullseye paint pattern :D

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
GuitaristZ said:
you should make it into a super mandolin...with some EMG actives...a floyd rose...locking nut...and a ibanez jem type handle thing...oh and dont forget a purple and white bullseye paint pattern :D
Sounds good to me. But I'd refinish the entire thing in goth black.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Too lazy to type thats all!! Just kidding nothing to say really. Ummm ok maybe I do have something to say. I ordered some GFS Mean 90's, new pots and some nice knobs yesterday. Gonna throw em in the Hamm and see how it sounds. I wish I could just leave stuff alone. I wasn't even planing on spending any money but the CDN dollar is doing good so I thought it was a good time. GAS sucks. I bought a Digitech digidelay last week. I got a $40 gift card for L&M for my b-day so I had to go shopping. Yeah the pedal was more than $40 but it took a bite out of the cost. Nice pedal too. Ok now I'm done.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am looking into a delay...and I will have to check that one out for sure. I bet those mean 90s will sound wicked in the hamm. Im putting some duncans in mine soon...I had them in another of my guitars but I think they will sound better in this one :)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Tarbender said:
Ok, here's a question, should I restore this:

Or should I turn it into a funky electrified novelty item with a couple of single coils and a nice metalic finish? :rockon2:

Restore it.

If not just hang it on the wall or sit it in the corner. Sooner or later someone might come looking for one of those.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well, I don't know about everyone else but I've just had too much life crap on the go lately. I only get time to swing by here once every few days.

But on the guitar front I did have a productive day yesterday. I gutted my old MIK Ibanez RG & put EMG's in it (81/85). I've finally decided to keep it & do some upgrades. The nostalgia value was too much for me. :D I'm also gonna replace the licenced Floyd with an original at some point.

I pulled my old Flextone combo apart & wired in an external speaker jack. It sounds much better through my V30 2x12. Still not great, but better.

And some time in the next few days I might add a high cut mod to my Trinity 18 if the weather here doesn't improve a bit so I can get some seat time in on my new bike.

Well, there's a post for ya!

Kirb

·
Premium Member
11,016 Posts
Normally I multi-task well, but I find it very difficult to type and practice guitar at the same time. I should learn to do one or the other with my feet.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
I do most of my work seasonal, so I am back into a busy time now.

The weather was nice off and on the last couple of weeks and I am sure more people are out enjoying it too.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Scary Tale from The Tone Garage

I was gonna post a thread in the Amp Tech section earlier but I neglected to take pics. But here's how it went;

My B2R had no Speakon, chassis was punched though, so I tore it apart thinking I could just tap it on somewhere. Existing o/p jacks are on-board and there was no place to tap short of drilling the board or 'scabbing' the wires on the board. Checking around I discovered that the euro B2R has Speakon but only one 1/4". Aha!

After a few days convincing myself that it was ok to take an iron to the board, (warranty), I carefully removed one of the 1/4" jacks, thank you solder-sucker. After that, it was just a matter of using the vacated holes in the board to connect the wires, mount the Speakon, and make some new cables. Even had a rubber plug that fit the vacated jack hole.

Spring is a busy time for most of us, lots of yardwork to do but I'd rather just play or solder something.

And I'm going to see BB on Sat nite! :banana:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Why isnt there more posting going on...
I like a slower moving forum. It's easier to keep up with what's going on; it doesn't take an hour or two to flip through all the new topics and posts and find the ones that interest you.

Also, unlike similar forums, most of the posts here are on-topic -- which is nice. Take away all the off-topic cruft and crap from a busier forum and this pace is probably what you'd be left with.

Beyond that, we're Canadian. We were born with an intrinsic understanding of the notion "opinions are like *******s" thus we don't need nor desire to spout off on any and every subject under the sun. ;)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
Voice recognition software....
Haha, either that or put a hair band on the neck so it rests on the first or second fret to mute the strings. Then just sit and rip out legato with the left hand while typing with the right. I do that a lot, lol... helps build finger strength too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts