·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
GuitarsCanada said:
I have not even read it yet, but one of the biggest reasons is most likely anonymity.
Ding, I think we have a winner.

Same reason everyone's a tough guy behind the wheel or on the other end of a phone line.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Yeah so whats your point:D Just kidding. Yes for sure people are more bold to say things that they normally wouldn't say in person. I always try to respect those on the Internet as I would anyone that I interact with in life throughout the day.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
The Kicker Of Elves said:
Ding, I think we have a winner.
Same reason everyone's a tough guy behind the wheel or on the other end of a phone line.
...bingo! we had a power failure in the area this morning, including an intersection down the street. there was a ton of traffic going both east and west, and not one vehicle even slowed down going through the intersection, much less stopped, in spite of the law that clearly states that when the lights aren't functioning, an intersection must be treated as a four-way stop. i have long believed that getting behind the wheel changes us ALL into murderous beasts who act considerately toward each other only if it is to our own benefit.

and, of course, anyone who has visited there can attest that harmony central forums is an absolute cesspool of hate.

-dh

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
david henman said:
and, of course, anyone who has visited there can attest that harmony central forums is an absolute cesspool of hate.

-dh
Does HC even have moderators? I've been lurking and posting on message boards for various hobbies since Teh Internets first started seeing traffic and HC is probably as bad or worse than any board currently active.

Nothing like threads that immediately nosedive from "Anybody hear the new X?" to "X sucks, so do u n00b loser!" in 1 post.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The Kicker Of Elves said:
Nothing like threads that immediately nosedive from "Anybody hear the new X?" to "X sucks, so do u n00b loser!" in 1 post.

I don't think such nose-diving is restricted to th Net these days.....:eek:

Aside from the road rage "normalcy" these days....ever watch the herd of self-important cellular users driving/walking/sitting/shopping around?

Sheesh....courtesy, and the intellectual precept that precludes it, have become completely absent....:mad:

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Cell phones are a touchy subject with me..... I hate the things. It has turned this planet into a gabbing, ignorant place. Not to mention that these companies have sucked in the younger generation into thinking that a $60.00 to $100.00 a month cell phone payment is in anyway "normal". I have had severe arguments with my kids over them. They just don't get it. They use them in the house all the time. What a scam it has become.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts