The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Why are the majority of L&M deals on Basses?

878 views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  1SweetRide 
#1 ·
At least at my Kanata store. All I see are basses after basses. Out of 8 electric guitars, 5 are basses are the rest of guitars nobody apparently wants as they've been on "special" for months.

Do L&M have trouble moving basses or something? Come on, give me something more interesting.

#7 ·
Lol, yes, apparently the Earth does need more bassists. That's why my buddy who wanted to play in a band switch to bass. It also riles me that the specials that scroll on the bottom of the general page are almost always stuff for one particular store only.

#8 ·
L & M, like other companies tries to move slow-moving stock by putting it on special. Bass guitars just don't sell in numbers as regular guitars.

#9 ·
Agreed, but they also need to keep us non-bassist guitarists coming to their web site. They won't do that by putting the majority of their marketing against slow moving, more niche products.

Somebody, please buy those damn bass guitars to make room for something else :)

#11 ·
Agreed, but they also need to keep us non-bassist guitarists coming to their web site. They won't do that by putting the majority of their marketing against slow moving, more niche products.

Somebody, please buy those damn bass guitars to make room for something else :)
They obviously don't feel there is as great a need for non-bassist guitarists to come to their website as there is to move their slow moving stock. As for their website, it is one of the worst in the industry. It has gotten a bit better over the last couple of years but their search engine is one of the worst I have seen in the musical instrument field.

#15 ·
L&m needs some serious help moving basses... there's very little bass stock at every store I've visited. Not only that, but they all seem to carry the same items and only stock maybe 5 brands.

Basses aren't exactly flying out the doors when they are on sale either; I've been watching the Fender deluxe okoume basses for at least a year now. I've seen the price at about $1000, then they drop it to $699, then back to $1000 and finally to $699 again.

I've only come across one good deal on basses at l&m, and it was an Ibanez atk, marked down from $400 to $250.

#16 ·
Nah, it's not too bad. Try Steve's Music if you want a bad search engine.
You're right. L & M is the second worse. I rarely use L & M since it is so bad and never use Steve's. That's why I forgot about it until you reminded me.

#18 ·
I don't agree with you. I usually find what I what. I take a three block walk to my closest L&M and order what I found on line. If I want to try a guitar, I check to see it is at one of the stores. If I find that isn't at the Whyte Ave store, but is at one of the other stores, it is not more than a 30 minute drive or LRT ride away. If they say it is in stock at a particular store, I found that it always there. I only check the Yank online stores for reviews. Otherwise I never have any other use them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.