·
Premium Member
17,161 Posts
Dont get a tall bed frame.

Reactions: Diablo

·
Registered
719 Posts
There are shorter box springs to go with the taller mattresses so they work out roughly equal. Last time we replaced ours, the spring and mattress were nearly to the top of the headboard because the sales guy at sleep country failed to mention the shorter ones.

·
Registered
24,671 Posts
I'm short. I don't like needing a ladder to get into bed.
There was a place we used to go to in Victoria called the Olde England Inn. It was primarily a roast beef and brunch place, but had a bunch of rooms for rent that featured antique furnishing that formerly belonged to assorted European royalty from 200 or more years ago. The beds were frequently waist high, and really DID required various types of step ladders to get into and out of. While I suppose chamber pots were a sort of convenience, compared to going off to whatever and wherever the toilets were, simply getting out of and back into bed to use the chamber pots would have been an ordeal.

In short, tall beds/mattresses are not solely a contemporary problem. I've not had a bed frame for well over 40 years, so a taller mattress is not much of an issue. I imagine if a frame hoists everything up by a good 10-12 inches, taller mattresses can become a problem.

P

·
0 Posts
A new thing I have seen is mattresses that are one sided. No flipping them for maximum life.

·
Registered
12,308 Posts
What kind of activities?
kind of like laristotles post, only instead of single competition, i prefer pairs, like in figure skating

I've never broken a box spring. Only the frames themselves.
frames are usually metal. if you're breaking those instead of the box spring, it must be a mammoth box spring. either way, good job, i say!

·
Registered
24,671 Posts
In 1991, a teaching colleague and I spent the night in jail in Edmundston, NB, after my car broke down on the way back to Fredericton and we found our bank cards couldn't access the relevent accounts at the Caisse Populaire. We approached the police and asked if they could put us up for the evening, since the last bus to Fredericton had already gone and we couldn't afford a motel room. The mattress in that jail cell wasn't as thick as the blanket they gave me. I would have gladly "put up with" a mattress that was too high. *#*(

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
“What are mattress’s so high?”
So they can make more money from me cause all my older sheets don’t fit.

Reactions: Lola
1 - 20 of 33 Posts