The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where i can order a amp cover, in Canada for my Champ? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
I've always preferred the look of Studio Slips amp cover. I had them for a couple of Dr Z amps I used to own. However I may order from cover amps for my Allen amp so as not to deal with the brokerage fees and cross border shipping. If cover amps ens up being cheaper then I'll definitely go that way.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got a quote from Studio Slips in USA and its 107.00 Canadian plus shipping and taxes etc... Waiting for Coveramp estimate. Mind you the Studio Slips model is a clamshell, all closed in double zipper, high quality from what i can see.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Just got a quote from Studio Slips in USA and its 107.00 Canadian plus shipping and taxes etc... Waiting for Coveramp estimate. Mind you the Studio Slips model is a clamshell, all closed in double zipper, high quality from what i can see.
I just quoted out my Allen Old Flame head and 2X12 cabinet

Studio Slips: $359 and thats just estimating that shipping will be $50. It will be at least that or more Thats a clam shell for the head and a bottom strap for the speaker cabinet.
Cover amps: $185 includes shipping and taxes. I can't find an option for a bottom strap for the head and cabinet and that would be a deal breaker if not available. If I went with their cheapest option the nylon material it would be $115 including taxes and shipping. I'm thinking that the cheapest option is all I'd need as I gig very little and transport my own gear.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I can't find an option for a bottom strap for the head and cabinet
They can do it. I think the option is available on the final screen of the order. I have a head cover from them with a bottom strap.

Love the product and service from CoverAmp! They once sent the wrong cover, and the replacement arrived in 2 days.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Cover Amp estimate anywhere from 35.00 basic cover to 135.00 for a padded cover. Dont know about shipping yet. They got back to me pretty quick so i like that.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Anyone ever use Tuki (on Reverb) - with CoverAmp it would be special order for me, but Tuki has got a stock padded model for US$55+32 ship; not bad.

Studio slips padded cover w bottom strap would be $US65+ship, but the clamshell does look sweet (well over 100).

·
Administrator
15,986 Posts
Coveramps are great and the D2F padded are excellent but it looks like their website is down.

edit - just found that Tom Palmer @ D2F passed away suddenly. That is sad news, he was great to deal with and made a terrific product.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Coveramps are great and the D2F padded are excellent but it looks like their website is down.

edit - just found that Tom Palmer @ D2F passed away suddenly. That is sad news, he was great to deal with and made a terrific product.
I did a search and I'm reading posts on forums where the owner died last year.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I bought 3 amp covers from Custom amp covers in Quebec, they where exactly what I expected...no issues ..good service...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts