The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
At least it was in a box. I had an acoustic shipped in the hard case with a bit of plastic wrapped around it,

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Ridiculous. Every day, I receive confirmation of the astounding stupidity that exists in our world. Every damn day.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I bought several ESP guitars from the USA years back when they were tough to come by here and the dollar was stronger. Several times I got smoked on customs and duty as the sellers shipped FedEx or UPS.. I was waiting on shipment of an ESP KH2 (Kirk Hammett) and fully expecting to pay duty. When I went to the post office to pick it up I was furious at first when I saw the guy had just wrapped packing tape around the hard case to keep it closed. Then I was happy to find out there was no duty on the delivery.. I figured the $100-200 I saved in duty I could use to repair the guitar when I opened the case.. Lol.. To my surprise the guitar was totally fine.. He hadn't down tuned the Floyd so it needed some serious setup as one string had popped from the shipping but the neck was straight and everything worked out.. I was shocked

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
I received a guitar & case one time that was simply wrapped in bubble-wrap, no box or anything. It arrived just fine though as the bubble wrap was 10-12" thick all around. Hey, whatever works!

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts