The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Who knew they made damn fine hats like that in kids sizes!?!?!

LOL

Nice one "Prince"

"I didnt even know he played"
So you've never seen the movie "Purple Rain"?!?! Sheesh... kids today!

:)

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Hes a great well rounded player, but not the most manliest guy in the worst, which is why I think alot of people dismiss him................

·
Registered
8 Posts
How do people not know he's good at guitar? One listen to "When Doves Cry" should be able to give you a taste of his skills.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I hated Prince in the 80s. Then one day in the 90s I walked into my office and a guy was playing You Sexy Mother F*cker. Wow, Prince was playing amazing funk but the rest of the cd was too poppy for me!

Years later I picked up "The Rainbow Children" and "Musicology." These are AMAZING albums and Prince is a phenomenal guitar player. Check them out.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
traynor_garnet said:
I hated Prince in the 80s. Then one day in the 90s I walked into my office and a guy was playing You Sexy Mother F*cker. Wow, Prince was playing amazing funk but the rest of the cd was too poppy for me!

Years later I picked up "The Rainbow Children" and "Musicology." These are AMAZING albums and Prince is a phenomenal guitar player. Check them out.
I will second that, the Rainbow Children is a great album.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not the manliest of men

jeez how do ya think Hendrix would be dressing if he were still alive? what ever happened to that movie that was in the makes with Andre 3000 playing Hendrix? remember Hey Ya?(cringe) I think Prince should do a Bio-Pic on Hendrix, not like that lame arse canadian one with the guy from the Listerine commercials playing Chas chandler. Just watched the Johnny Cash movie the other day, thats Waylon Jennings son Shooter playing his old man, ya guys should check him out, he`s tryin to steer country back in the right direction. Plays a killer Gibson flying VEE!! God i hate that new country crap!!!!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I had heard that he was a virtuoso guitarist but until I saw his SNL performance I didn't really realize just how incredible he truly is. As my brother says, he looks like he was born with a guitar in his hands - sort of like he's playing these unbelievable runs and things and doesn't even look like he's trying or thinking about it. And his tone and vibrato in that hall of fame video is as good as I've ever heard. I kept squinting to see if he had a bigsby on that telecaster but no - it was all his technique. Absolutely unbelievable! Gotta see him live if he plays T.O.!

·
Registered
6 Posts
He may be the size of the telecaster he plays but I do agree he is surprisingly kick ass. I just saw him perform on the Brit Awards yesterday and he rocked the joint...in purple velvet I might add!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Prince on SNL

I saw prince on SNL a month or so ago, and he put on a damned fine performance. I caught myself digging his grooves...I even surprised myself, watching the whole show. His guitar work was really good, and like you guys said his showmanship was outstanding.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah if u saw prince on SNL last night he showed alot of skill there, i was very suprised from his new album that he has such well created riffs

·
Premium Member
13,039 Posts
When I saw my first Prince video back in the 80s, he was pulling off Hendrix riffs like they were nothing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts