The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don’t know that I’ve ever broken the 15 mark. I’m sitting right around the 10 range between guitars and basses and am doing so comfortably.

I’m at a point where my GAS isn’t gone, but it’s impossible to justify another guitar or bass purchase unless it’s something very specific. I’m at a point where my gear is beyond my playing ability, and therefore I can’t see any reason to “upgrade” anymore.

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,729 Posts
11 total and still have 8 of them with the oldest having been bought in 1974 although the 3 that are gone were acquired before that.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I was bored at work, and started writing down every guitar and bass I owned, and I got well over 500. I was amazed once I started how much I remembered. I am sure I forgot a lot. I also remembered close to 20 cars as well.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Also guilty. Been playing since 1989 but the GAS really only began in earnest 10 yrs. ago. Owned close to 30 guitars at the peak, now it's down to 18 including the acoustics & a bass. Would like to get to single digits, although it's hard to know which ones to cut loose.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
930?!?! Wow! Assuming that you've been playing for 50 years (which seems to be the average around here), that's almost 19 a year!

I've owned 6 guitars and still have 5 of them.
Nope, I'm only 45 years old. I pick up usually between 5-7 guitars a month on average. I also buy collections which helps with the numbers.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts