The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks...

can anyone guide me to a store that has the lowest price for a '59 Bassman LTD in the GTA area?
It seems the sticker price these days is around $1,400.00 BUT what can you actualy get one for if your ready to buy?

Your input is appreciated..

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
I have found that the sticker prices are lower at 12th Fret than at L&M and Steve's in Toronto. The one I can remeber is a Fender Blues Jr. $5o4 vs, $514 vs. $520

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Robert1950 said:
I have found that the sticker prices are lower at 12th Fret than at L&M and Steve's in Toronto. The one I can remeber is a Fender Blues Jr. $5o4 vs, $514 vs. $520
In Ottawa, basically everything is cheaper at Steve's than anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
Xanadu said:
In Ottawa, basically everything is cheaper at Steve's than anywhere else.
You have my condolences. ;)

In Toronto, 12th Fret just feels better too. They have three rooms stocked with different amps and guitars (one for bass) where you can CLOSE the door and try the instruments and amps out. The only other store I've seen with a try-out room is L&M in Oshawa. Steves in T.O. can be insane at times, with three Yngwie Wannabes shredding away at the same time with two others stuggling with Smoke-On-The-Water. Hey, but that's Queen West.

!2th Fret also sets up your Axe and you get a free three month later set up to get the bugs out. The luthiers and guitar techs are world class. When the Stones rehearse in T.O. for their tours, who do you think they take their guitars to if they need work?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good responses....
anyone have prices for the 59 Bassman LTD that they can pass on to me.?

By the way...any dealer or reseller out there that wants to make me an offer I can't refuse, I'm all ears.

thanks..

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Robert1950 said:
You have my condolences. ;)

In Toronto, 12th Fret just feels better too. They have three rooms stocked with different amps and guitars (one for bass) where you can CLOSE the door and try the instruments and amps out. The only other store I've seen with a try-out room is L&M in Oshawa. Steves in T.O. can be insane at times, with three Yngwie Wannabes shredding away at the same time with two others stuggling with Smoke-On-The-Water. Hey, but that's Queen West.

!2th Fret also sets up your Axe and you get a free three month later set up to get the bugs out. The luthiers and guitar techs are world class. When the Stones rehearse in T.O. for their tours, who do you think they take their guitars to if they need work?
nice, L&M in burlington has a try-out room too. Steve's is really hectic in Ottawa and it's right downtown, so it's always a real bitch to get parking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts