The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,887 Posts
Just yesterday I opened up the cottage and the first thing I saw was my old Norco, unridden since last fall. Unfortunately the road was basically frozen mud and what wasn't slick as cat shit on linoleum was sharp as my mother-in-law's tongue. Later in the day it had thawed enough to ride but would have coated the bike and myself with sludge. Alas, no ride, but there is hope. Back home now, and planning to unbury the home bike from the winter's shed accumulation.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have been out once and am currently spending lots of time maintaining/rebuilding the fleet lol. Indoor cycling has its place and can be an awesome training tool but why not just get out and ride man? Maybe you’re slower or can’t go as far as you once did but it’ll come back. I bet your grin will be just as big on a sunny day though 😎

·
Registered
1965 Fender Mustang, Ampegs, anything to test an amp.
3,318 Posts
I am considering an e-bike this year. My bike trips into town are becoming more of a challenge and the e-bike looks like a nice alternative for those days when the last mile is tough.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
@Paul Running Are you meaning a pedal assist or full on ebike? Pedal assist is pretty cool for those who don't want a regular bike. Granted, pedal assist are not all too inexpensive. They can run pretty high. I'm old school road and MTB........but I do see plenty of people now riding the pedal assist as commuters.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I work in a Bicycle Shop.... so I am noticing the uptick in bikes coming in for service. We've got a week or more backlog right now. At the worst we'll have a 3 week backlog. We still can't convince people to service their bikes in the December to February window.

New bikes are slightly more available than last year, but the supply chain is still a mess.

I've got a 100km gravel bike race coming up on the 24th, so time to get training today, I suppose.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been out once and am currently spending lots of time maintaining/rebuilding the fleet lol. Indoor cycling has its place and can be an awesome training tool but why not just get out and ride man? Maybe you’re slower or can’t go as far as you once did but it’ll come back. I bet your grin will be just as big on a sunny day though 😎
There’s still snow and ice on the ground and my tires are also flat and won’t take a normal are compressor. Worst of all the the bike stuff isn’t out yet. I should invest in one of those training things you attach to your bike for the winter months

·
Registered
722 Posts
There’s still snow and ice on the ground and my tires are also flat and won’t take a normal are compressor. Worst of all the the bike stuff isn’t out yet. I should invest in one of those training things you attach to your bike for the winter months
Those wheels/brakes should clear a CX tire with some knobs. Just steer into the skids :p Presta valves are annoying since you can’t easily use most compressors. I set a pair of wheels up tubeless with my hand pump last year and it was rough sledding at first.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Here are mine. I've since switched the road bike for my one MTB on the trainer. I am sooooooooo wanting to get offroad on the new bike. I've ridden exactly once outside so far. If any riders are here are inclined, I started a Guitars Canada Strava club. Keep us all who keep track of stats "honest". There are currently 4 members. Feel free to join. @MetalTele79 .... my Scale 970 (with the green grips) is being converted to SS since I now have a 950. I LOOOOOOOVE SS!!!! We're a special kind of crazy)

*** pay no mind to the little ginger coloured spawn of satan. He just happened to be there, and be damned if he would move.
Bicycle Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle tire

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
@Verne .... Joined!

Just did an hour on zwift. I happened upon a friend, gave me someone to chase, I pushed harder than I would have on my own.
I forgot my resub date for Rouvy so it went through before I could cancel and try Zwift beyond 25kms. Looks like another year on Rouvy. That's if I get my ass on the bike. :oops:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Is the bottom one a Felt? I’ve never seen that colour scheme (it’s rad) but the head badge looks familiar.
The bottom one is a Chinese carbon frame built up with spare Shimano 105 stuff. The color and design was from me. I sent the manufacturer the Pantone colour numbers and pattern.

the badge is a Hellacopters logo that I remade (with no text) by melting down old bullet casings.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Here are mine. I've since switched the road bike for my one MTB on the trainer. I am sooooooooo wanting to get offroad on the new bike. I've ridden exactly once outside so far. If any riders are here are inclined, I started a Guitars Canada Strava club. Keep us all who keep track of stats "honest". There are currently 4 members. Feel free to join. @MetalTele79 .... my Scale 970 (with the green grips) is being converted to SS since I now have a 950. I LOOOOOOOVE SS!!!! We're a special kind of crazy)

*** pay no mind to the little ginger coloured spawn of satan. He just happened to be there, and be damned if he would move.
View attachment 411253
I currently own 2 bikes with sliding dropouts. I will never purchase another bike without them because the siren song of SS is too hard to resist.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts