The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT, crud... I posted this in the wrong section didn't I... So much for a great second post! And I cant seem to find a way to delete it. lol. Mods, I already have posted again in the Effects Forum, so feel free to delete this one if you wish!

Hi All,

I am looking for an AnalogMan style person to help me out with a couple of my pedals.

These days, shipping to the US and costs etc etc, I just cant do it!

I have a TS-9 that I would like to get modded to a AM Silver style spec's to match my other AMTS9s that I currently have. It is a 80's version, and worked great for a long time, but is now making more noise than it should, so I would like to get it modded as its going to be on the bench anyways. Less noise, smoother sound etc.

Also, I have a Ross compressor (RC30, the black one) that is making a noise like a mic without a windscreen, a steady hiss (filter cap?) I would like it repaired as well as adding a boss style power adapt instead of the reverse polarity mini phono one it has. Perhaps even swap to grey specs?

I have already checked the Canadian pedal builders threads, and none of them specifically offer this style of work so I figured I would ask here. There has to be someone.?

Cheers and Thanks,
C

·
Registered
128 Posts
EDIT, crud... I posted this in the wrong section didn't I... So much for a great second post! And I cant seem to find a way to delete it. lol. Mods, I already have posted again in the Effects Forum, so feel free to delete this one if you wish!

Hi All,

I am looking for an AnalogMan style person to help me out with a couple of my pedals.

I have a TS-9 that I would like to get modded to a AM Silver style spec's to match my other AMTS9s that I currently have. It is a 80's version, and worked great for a long time, but is now making more noise than it should, so I would like to get it modded as its going to be on the bench anyways. Less noise, smoother sound etc.

Also, I have a Ross compressor (RC30, the black one) that is making a noise like a mic without a windscreen, a steady hiss (filter cap?) I would like it repaired as well as adding a boss style power adapt instead of the reverse polarity one it has. Perhaps even swap to grey specs?

I have already checked the Canadian pedal builders threads, and none of them specifically offer this style of work so I figured I would ask here. There has to be someone.?

Cheers and Thanks,
C
Talk with Greg at SolidGoldFX. He modded a Boss DS 1 for me, did a great job.

He is a good guy to talk to and usually glad to help. Look up his contact in the website.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,394 Posts

Hi All,

Also, I have a Ross compressor (RC30, the black one) that is making a noise like a mic without a windscreen, a steady hiss (filter cap?) I would like it repaired as well as adding a boss style power adapt instead of the reverse polarity mini phono one it has. Perhaps even swap to grey specs?

Cheers and Thanks,
C
We're headed to Orillia (Washago, actually) from the evening of the 23rd to the morning of the 30th. I can bring some tools and parts, if you can be more specific about the changes to be made, and if you're game.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Will do. Sending an email right now.

Cheers,
C

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey There mhammer. I don't really know what parts are bad in either pedal as I haven't opened them up yet. I suspect most of parts needed are available from my local Sayal (I probably have most of whats needed actually, I have built a couple clones of things).

I have a soldering iron (pencil type, would work) but don't have a desoldering bulb etc,... I a pretty sure I have silver + rosin as well if I dig around. I didn't really want to do this myself, but if I had help from someone who has opened a couple of these up, it wouldn't be too bad. Ultimately, I just want it quiet, I can deal with the more edgy boost it provides compared to the AMsilver.

Actually I'm pretty good with this stuff, its just that I don't understand what makes the AM Silver mod tick - I actually have one though that works, I guess we could open it and measure values etc....

The Ross I really have no idea, honestly its so expensive now to buy one if I had AM do the work I was going to sell it as I seldom use compression. Somewhere there is a Trey Anastasio (of the rock band Phish) fan dying to get one of these.

If you are serious, you will literally be driving by my house on the way to Orillia (unless you are going the northern route through Algonquin) and my schedule is VERY flexible.

We could make this work I think. What an amazing forum I have joined, lol.

I will PM you my phone number so we can actually communicate and see if its something we want to get involved with.

In the meantime, please don't stop sending recommendations. They are appreciated.

Cheers,
C

·
Premium Member
17,336 Posts
Derek (Anodyne Audio) in Cambridge does all types of electronics repairs, including pedals....
Interesting!

He really should consider advertising more, especially locally and on this forum. Maybe he is too busy as it is?

Does he attend the Elmira "show"?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Interesting!

He really should consider advertising more, especially locally and on this forum. Maybe he is too busy as it is?

Does he attend the Elmira "show"?
He has quite the operation; he’s an authorized warranty repair guy for most of the big names. I don’t think he needs to advertise to stay busy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts